My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Copy recordings from old HDR-7500T to new HDR-7500

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

furbies

Hi from downunda

I just got a replacement HDR-7500T cause my old one was starting to spontaneously restart and want to copy over 300+ GB of recordings that I still haven't gotten around to watching

Is there an easier way than FTPing into the old one from my PC and copying from the old HDR-7500T to my PC, and then copying from the PC to the replacement HDR-7500T ?

I have access to Mac OS/Windows 10/Ubuntu PCs if there's an app or process that works best on one platform ?

tia

furbies

| Tue 18 Apr 2023 7:48:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

As this is a UK site, primarily for UK users. Having said that the HDR-75000T is similar to the UK HDR-FOX T2.

Looking at posts on whirlpool and icetv forums, similar to the UK equivalent, all recordings are encrypted.

It also appears as though, similar to the UK model, the box does decrypt when copying via USB to a USB memory device, but not when using other methods e.g. FTP is very unlikely to work.

In the UK the encryption key is unique to each individual box. As the firmware for the 7500T and it looks very similar to that on the UK model and it is very likely that you if you do transfer recordings from one box to another you will need to ensure that the recordings are no longer encrypted. Using a USB memory device may be your simplest option.

| Tue 18 Apr 2023 14:06:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

furbies

Luke, thanks for the reply.

The recordings aren't encrypted, I've copied some to a PC and they play just fine.

I guess unless there's anyone else here who knows if/how to avoid the PC in the middle copying step, I'll just have to copy to the PC then to the destination HDR-7500T

| Tue 18 Apr 2023 15:01:44 #3 |
  4. jpv1960

jpv1960

I don't have experience with the machines mentioned above, but would it not be possible to take the two disks out, plug them into the system running Ubuntu and copy the files from one disk to another? Windows will not be able to see the filesystems, not sure about Mac, but most likely it will not recognise the disks.

You will be able to see the filesystem layout and should be able to work out which folder to copy over to.

| Wed 19 Apr 2023 9:11:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

furbies

I thought of that but it means breaking the "tamperproof" seals on the two units, and the supplier would likely be able to ignore warranty claims if the seals aren't intact...

cheers though, and thanks

regards

furbies

| Wed 19 Apr 2023 9:27:39 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.