My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Copy schedule backup to another box

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

I have 2 HDR FOX T2s. Both have the custom firmware and both are on my home network. My main box (with the bigger HDD) seems to have developed a fault on the aerial input connection. I have tried various aerial leads but with all of them, any slight movement of the cable at the back of the box results in signal dropout or pixelation. I presume there is a dodgy connection in the aerial connector somewhere and I need to get into the box to see if I can find and fix the problem. Any advice on that would be great too, but what I want to know initially is can I use the custom firmware to copy the schedule backup file from my main box to the second one in case the fix is not a quick one? I am hoping that I can copy the backup file across and restore it on the second box, but after a quick "rummage around" I can't see where the backup files are stored. Has anyone successfully done this or know where the backup files are stored in the file structure?

| Tue 20 Jun 2017 22:23:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Geoff_T - 1 hour ago  » 
    what I want to know initially is can I use the custom firmware to copy the schedule backup file from my main box to the second one in case the fix is not a quick one?

You are not posting on the custom firmware forum. Try searching for an answer on hummy.tv then if you need additional help ask on hummy.tv.

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 0:22:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

I couldn't find a custom firmware specific forum on here, but in any case I bet Graham will know the answer, he always does!

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 9:44:15 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Geoff_T - 39 minutes ago  » 
    I couldn't find a custom firmware specific forum on here, but in any case I bet Graham will know the answer, he always does!

Never tried this but I imagine it's simply a case of finding the back up schedule file on one box and copying it to the other. You need to ask on the MyHumax forum where the custom firmware gurus hang out.

https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hd-hdr-fox-t2-customised-firmware.28/

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 10:26:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Geoff_T - 39 minutes ago  » 
    I couldn't find a custom firmware specific forum on here

There is not one on this site.
    The custom firmware forum is a separate internet site to myhumax.org.
    It is hummy.tv.
    https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hd-hdr-fox-t2-customised-firmware.28/

You must have visited that other site when you originally downloaded the custom firmware.

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 10:28:27 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

OK, thanks, I've just looked out my hummy.tv login and posted the question there. While I'm here has anyone else experienced the aerial connection problem and found out what the fault was? I googled it but the only reference I could find was to a box for sale on EBay that has the same fault.

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 10:56:59 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Geoff_T - 4 minutes ago  » 
    OK, thanks, I've just looked out my hummy.tv login and posted the question there. While I'm here has anyone else experienced the aerial connection problem and found out what the fault was? I googled it but the only reference I could find was to a box for sale on EBay that has the same fault.

Possibly just a dry solder connection if you are sure the aerial lead has good connections.

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 11:03:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

REPASSAC - 50 minutes ago  » 

Geoff_T - 4 minutes ago  » 

Possibly just a dry solder connection if you are sure the aerial lead has good connections.

Yes, I've tried various aerial leads, all of which work fine on the other box, so I'm sure it's something in the box itself.

| Wed 21 Jun 2017 11:55:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

Just to tidy this up in case anyone finds it during a search.

The relevant backup files are stored in this directory of the custom firmware

/mod/var/backup/<name>.rbk

Copying a backup from one box to another via ftp and then restoring it on the second box worked perfectly. It also copies favourite channels across.

As for the aerial connection issue, the connector is part of a larger rectangular block which is soldered direct to the main PCB. It looks like it would come apart if removed, but there didn't seem to be any way of getting it off easily (there are several connections to the board) and I couldn't see any obvious dry joints. The connector outlet was slightly bend as if it had taken a knock at some point, so I gently straightened it out and also tweeted the inner connection halves together so that they would grip the pin on the aerial connector tighter. So far it has all been fine, but I'm not 100% confident I have actually fixed it. Time will tell.

| Sun 25 Jun 2017 11:31:54 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.