My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Copying files to Humax server via network

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

woodturner

On my PC network I have a Win XP machine.
    I can use this to load new films etc. onto the HDR Hard disc from my PC via the network with drag and drop.

On my other machine which is Windows 8.1 the Humax and my other PC's are all seen as servers or available for file play from wherever.

However I cannot now copy files between the win 8.1 PC and Humax.
    The humax is not seen as a hard disk, only as a Play server.

I'm having to resort to copying to Humax HDR via USB. (xp machine is in another room).

Need to do this so Humax HDR can be used as source for TV when computers are not on line.

Any Ideas?

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 15:22:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

woodturner - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I can use this to load new films etc. onto the HDR Hard disc from my PC via the network with drag and drop.
    On my other machine which is Windows 8.1 the Humax and my other PC's are all seen as servers or available for file play from wherever.

Do you have the custom firmware installed?

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 15:39:38 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

I had problems sharing from a Windows 7 PC. What I had to do was in the Network sharing centre => Advanced options was to turn on 40/56 bit encryption instead of 128 bit and turn off password protected sharing. Hope this helps.

Andy

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 17:29:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

woodturner

Martin Liddle - 4 hours ago  » 

woodturner - 15 minutes ago  » 

Do you have the custom firmware installed?

No the Humax is as supplied (with normal firmware updates)

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 19:53:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

OK, in that case you need to explain exactly how you are doing the drag and drop file transfer from XP to Humax.

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 20:02:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

woodturner

Martin Liddle - 38 minutes ago  » 
    OK, in that case you need to explain exactly how you are doing the drag and drop file transfer from XP to Humax.

The Humax appears on my XP Machine as Microsoft home network as an IP address 192.168.1.71 which I can access to show the folders:-My Music My Photo My Video which I can select as disk folders. I can drag and drop Home movie or edited movie (MP4) files from my XP computer to these folders.(I copy recorded programs from Humax via USB)

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 20:47:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

woodturner

woodturner - 12 minutes ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 38 minutes ago  » 

The Humax appears on my XP Machine as Microsoft home network as an IP address 192.168.1.71 which I can access to show the folders:-My Music My Photo My Video which I can select as disk folders. I can drag and drop Home movie or edited movie (MP4) files from my XP computer to these folders.(I copy recorded programs from Humax via USB)

This is how Humax appears on Win8.
    Which only appears to recognise Humax as a file server, not a problem for distributing films etc. over the network but no use for file transfer.

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 21:02:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Interesting. What do you see if you put the Humax IP address into a web browser?

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 22:28:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

woodturner

Martin Liddle - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Interesting. What do you see if you put the Humax IP address into a web browser?

Win8.1 does not find it like xp machine does.
    Must be something to do with type of network connection but I do not know enough about win8.1 to set anything up.
    Win8.1 just found my humax as media server automatically.

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 22:49:59 #9 |
  10. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

woodturner - 11 hours ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 18 minutes ago  » 

Win8.1 does not find it like xp machine does.
    Must be something to do with type of network connection but I do not know enough about win8.1 to set anything up.
    Win8.1 just found my humax as media server automatically.

Win 8.1 works the same way as Win 7..Do you have an Icon on your desktop labelled " Network " if so click on that and it should show all the devices that are connected. Including your PC, router and the Foxsat. let's start with that. Let us know.

| Wed 13 Nov 2013 10:25:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.