My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

copying from Humax to USB stick

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timz43

I am trying (without much success!) to copy a Channel 5 programme recorded on our HDR-2000T over Christmas on to a USB stick.

I have followed the detailed instructions as given elsewhere, but when I get to the point where the red button has changed from ‘Move’ to ‘Copy’ and I press the red button, a message pops up saying “Cannot copy files due to lack of storage space”. I don’t know if it is of any relevance, but the HDD is currently showing an availability capacity of 39%.

I originally bought a 128GB USB stick, but after this hiccup, I splashed out on a 512GB stick, but to my despair, the same message appeared. The USB stick is inserted into a socket immediately below the Ethernet socket at the rear of the unit.

Does anyone have an explanation, and more importantly a solution to this frustrating problem? I have an awful suspicion that the problem may be directly related to the fact that the recording was made from channel 105, and is therefore a HD recording….

| Sun 15 Jan 2023 12:06:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Timz43 - 59 mins ago  » 
    I have an awful suspicion that the problem may be directly related to the fact that the recording was made from channel 105, and is therefore a HD recording….

What were you hoping to do with the copied recording? Even if you copy it, an HD recording would still be encrypted and would play only on the box that made the recording. There are ways around this but discussion of removing encryption is not allowed on this forum; try https://hummy.tv

| Sun 15 Jan 2023 13:11:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Timz43

I was hoping to take it over to Italy for my son-in-law, who had an interest in the programme’s subject matter. Maybe Channel 5 will repeat it one day, allowing me to capture the programme in SD format….

| Sun 15 Jan 2023 15:15:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Timz43 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was hoping to take it over to Italy for my son-in-law, who had an interest in the programme’s subject matter. Maybe Channel 5 will repeat it one day, allowing me to capture the programme in SD format….

As I said pop over to the forum at https://hummy.tv for a solution.

| Sun 15 Jan 2023 17:11:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.