My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Copy/Move recordings to External HDD

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

crashcris - 11 mins ago  » 
    Did you not see my post #25 above? I’ve got it working, first on fat32 and now NTFS. Everything’s being moved to my new WD HDD.

Sorry I missed it. Glad it worked in the end. From your description it sounds to me as though the hard drive was partitioned with a GPT scheme (which the Humax won't recognise) and WD helped you to format it with an MBR scheme. Glad you got it working in the end and that you have demonstrated that the WD drive is hardware compatible with the Humax. Do you have an impression of how long it took to copy recordings to the drive with an NTFs format?

| Sat 20 Jul 2019 17:17:34 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

What/who is Stormzy? Some sort of weather documentary?

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 11:48:35 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Martin Liddle - 2 days ago  » 

crashcris - 11 mins ago  » 
    Did you not see my post #25 above? I’ve got it working, first on fat32 and now NTFS. Everything’s being moved to my new WD HDD.

Sorry I missed it. Glad it worked in the end. From your description it sounds to me as though the hard drive was partitioned with a GPT scheme (which the Humax won't recognise) and WD helped you to format it with an MBR scheme. Glad you got it working in the end and that you have demonstrated that the WD drive is hardware compatible with the Humax. Do you have an impression of how long it took to copy recordings to the drive with an NTFs format?

Seems to be quicker. A 10 min 1080i programme took 5 mins. an hour long 1080p took less than 45 mins.

| Mon 22 Jul 2019 19:15:12 #33 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.