My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Couple of Qs: Streaming FROM a PC/SCART connection/AVI files

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Synnr01

Is it at all possible to view video files that I have on a PC on my TV by streaming through the Foxsat HDR? I have installed Raydon's firmware.

Can I plug my DVD player into the Foxsat by the SCART and watch it through the HMDI to my TV, or do I have to plug it straight into my TV?

Is there a good way to watch avi or mp4 files on the Foxsat?

Thanks for your help!

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 19:53:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Foxsat has no way to watch external video other than by converting the content to provide the necessary support files required. Raydon has written a programme that can do this (AV2HDR). Once converted you can copy the 3 files to the internal HDD or replay the content from a usb drive connected to the Foxsat.

A while ago Raydon referred to some development work that should allow a drive on your PC to look like a USB drive on your Foxsat. This would allow you to play content from your PC but would still need the conversion process.

It also has no way to produce digital video from anything input on any input and output over hdmi. You could connect a DVD player to the vcr scart, to watch it you would need a second scart to the TV.

Welcome to the forum

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 20:42:56 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.