My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Couple of questions about the FVP5000T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, I have just bought the FVP5000T after my Fox T2 keeps giving a green screen which just become annoys as i had to keep restarting it.

Up to now i like the 5000T although its no where near as responsive as the Fox T2, the menu sometimes seems to really lag, although i am getting used to that lol

When viewing the TV guide its like when you go to the next segment, its loading it from the internet is that right and why its so slow?

My main questions where:

On the tv guide is there no way i can get BBC1 to show 1st at the top of the list? when i go on the guide it seems to show bbc2 or itv at the top, but then if i press up to go to bbc1 it then changes the whole screen and just shows bbc1 and bbc2 at the bottom with some channel called Hotchanda at the top, i always found that having bbc1 through to channel 5 from the top was a very easy / nice way to view the schedule on the main 5 channels to organise what you want to watch or record, its just akward in this way, have i missed a way to do it?

My other question is regarding the screen resolution, i see there is an option for 2160P, my TV is a Samsung KS9000 so should be fine at that resolution, the issue i am seeing is when i set it to this resolution the picture looks fine but if i press the ok button on a program and bring up the description of the program is not very readable and the text looks all fuzzy, if i set back to 1080p/i then the text looks fine again as as it should, does anyone know why this would happen, does the humax box upscale the HD signal to 2160P or something?

Regards

James

| Tue 8 May 2018 22:36:10 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. EPG is populated over the air and 'extended info' via IP.

2. To view a channel at top of EPG listing just input channel number via remote.

| Wed 9 May 2018 8:07:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Thanks barry, does anyone know about my resolution question?

| Thu 10 May 2018 6:47:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

2160P resolution...

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/fvp-5000t-first-impressions#post-63175

| Thu 10 May 2018 8:49:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I have a samsung 4K TV as well.
    The thing is that the 5000t can only go upto normal HD .
    I found the same symptom on my previous recorder ( which was a Panasonic)
    The way around this is to put your TV output settings to auto.
    especially on the on the HDMI connection your 5000t is using.
    This way your tv will automatically switch over to 4k on a 4k input.

| Thu 10 May 2018 8:56:19 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.