My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Creating .THM thumbnail

(4 posts)
  1. HeliosDoubleSix

HeliosDoubleSix

I have looked but cannot find any way to create or read the .thm thumbnail files for the Humax Fox T2. I have included an example .thm that was created by the device itself. But nothing can read it, I was hoping it was just a jpg and renaming it would work but no dice.

I upload a lot of mp4/mkv videos to the device via the built in FTP and naturally they have no thumbnail and the humax does not generate one for them even when left over night so I would like to generate them myself to be appropriate. Anything even command line would be fine, just something to do it!

Thanks!

Could not attach a zip some MIME error? so heres a link:
    THM Thumb.zip

| Mon 11 Apr 2011 12:34:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Sorry to disappoint you Alex, but it's not that simple. The T2 will only display thumbnails for its own native .ts recordings which have the associated .nts and .hmt files. Even if you could recreate the correct thumbnail format they would still not be displayed. An easy way to prove this is to copy an existing thumbnail file and rename it to one of your imports. It will not be displayed.

| Wed 13 Apr 2011 11:50:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

2urtle

I'm glad I am not the only one who would like to make my videos look slightly better rather than just a list. It is disappointing this cannot be done is anyone even looking at doing it?

| Sun 23 Oct 2011 18:39:51 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve here. If you are using exported files to create dvd's with menus and chapter menus with thumbnails to identify the chapter points then any of the more advanced dvd authoring packages will do this, allowing you to create chapter points based on content rather than a a purely time based gap. They also allow ones based on a fixed time gap the same as used by the hdr.

As for uploading non native video for replay it's asking a lot for generation of thumbnails which to be honest have limited use if they are not based on the actual video content.

| Tue 25 Oct 2011 20:25:05 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.