My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Custom firmware installation hangs

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jason_z

Hello,

I just tried to update to the custom firmware on my Humax HDR FOX T2. It had 1.02.32 and I believe I downloaded and unzipped the right version. I plugged in my flash drive with the file in the root directory, switched on... and it got stuck on 'Start System'. The Humax logo and version number appear on the screen. The light on the flash drive is lit. Nothing else is happening. It's been like that about 10 minutes so far.

I know there are other things I can try, e.g. other flash drives, different USB socket, but I'm scared to do anything right now in case I corrupt what's already there and working. The Humax didn't respond when I tried switching it off with the remote control. So, does anyone have any advice? Shall I switch it off at the rocker switch at the back? Pull out the flash drive?

Jason

| Wed 1 May 2013 20:14:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I've only just seen this,

I'd...

pull out the flash drive,it may or may not start up. I'm assuming it's stuck on the loader version 7.30 or 7.33 or similar

If that doesn't help switch off at the back, wait 10 -20 seconds and switch back on again. The box should start up as normal.

There's no problem trying again. Use a small usb stick 2GB, 4GB etc. format it to fat32 using a full proper format, not quick. Copy the hdr upgrade.hdf file that you unzipped from the hdr version 2.16 zip file across onto the empty usb stick.
    Shutdown the hdrfoxt2, switch off, wait 10 -20 seconds, switch back on and it should download the new firmware from the usb stick and install it. Follow the instructions from then on

obviously this is all at your own risk, conincidently I did this today on two boxes with no problems

| Wed 1 May 2013 21:22:52 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

Be aware that the install seems to stop at various % through, it has not stopped just give it a a little while and the numbers will go up again. I thought it had stopped half way the first time I did it but while I was working out what to do it started and completed fine.

Andy

| Thu 2 May 2013 8:25:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jason_z

Thank you both for your prompt comments. It was indeed stuck on the loader, which was version 7.33. I left it like that for about two hours in all. Then I did as Damian suggested; the Humax seems to be running okay, though it did require that I do as follows: pull out the USB drive; switch the Humax off at the back for 10-20 seconds; and then, after restarting, also restart again, this time using (if I remember correctly) the remote.

It was an old, small drive, just 64MB. There were other files on it, though not in the root directory. I will move them off, reformat it and try again!

Jason

| Thu 2 May 2013 13:20:26 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.