My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Custom Firmware - Thanks

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

watcher

I have only recently installed the custom firmware and packages on my HDR Fox T2. I'm very impressed. Thanks to all those involved.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 18:49:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dcoppard

Yes it is good and an improvement on the original. The only slight bugbear I have is that the additional apps on the extended TV Portal dont seem to have a lot of functionality at the moment. For instance the Facebook and Twitter apps both refuse to accept my username and/or password even though they are correct and work on my PC and mobile.

Its not a complaint because I know its described as a work in progress but very few of the additional apps seem to be working. No doubt something for the future.

| Thu 4 Apr 2013 16:33:51 #2 |
  3. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

The extra Custom Firmware Apps. are ones placed on the Humax portal website but 'hidden' from normal view, so they are still supplied by Humax. As I understand it Humax are planning to add to the Apps. available for HDR-fox T2 users, but this will require a software upgrade

| Fri 5 Apr 2013 14:23:49 #3 |
  4. LokiUK

LokiUK

Their website seems to suggest they will:

-----
    HUMAX TV Portal

Access popular Internet content from the comfort of your living room

The Humax TV Portal is your gateway to a host of extra catch-up and on-demand services. You can enjoy a wide range of services including various VoD, Broadcaster’s catch-up TV, BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Aupeo and Internet Radio. App market helps to download many kind of contents, which can be managed on STB and PC. Personalized app list and SNS makes user enjoy their own TV portal, with personal profile. Additional services are planned for the near future.
    ----

I'm really hoping they produce at least Netflix, 4OD and ITV service. Mind you, I've been waiting since I bought the machine, so perhaps it's wishful thinking.

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 19:57:42 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.