My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Custom Firmware update-DNLA-LG telly-it works!

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mjheathcote

Just updated the firmware on my HDR box, and added Twonky ver.4
    Am am amazed that my new LG BP620 DVD/Bluray/DNLA player happily picks up the Twonky DNLA server, and happily plays the video.ts files. Not only the SD, but also the non enc HD recording too, which play perfect on my new LG full HD 50" Plasma without any stuttering. Plus this is from ext. HDD via USB to the Humax, wired Ethernet to my router, then wifi to the LG player.
    I am so pleased the LG player can play the video.ts files, for I also have a DNLA panasonic TV and it will not play either the SD or HD recordings.

A few questions...

Is there any difference between using Twonky ver.4 or 5?
    Oh I wish I could remove the encryption from the HD recordings that are locked on my external HDD!

Thanks,
    Mike

| Sun 30 Dec 2012 14:06:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Mike,

For HDR purposes the differences refered to in the docs as

"v4.4.18 and v5.1.6. The latter is known to work better with the Western Digital TV Live client.
    However, with this version, the trial period expires in 30 days after which a license is required, Install whichever one suits your needs."

Dino

| Sun 30 Dec 2012 15:57:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mjheathcote

Version 4 of Twonky is not always showing all the correct folders and files that it should on my client. Changing the folders it should be scanning for within the Twonky setup web browser has strange effects!
    Will have to give version 5 a try!
    I've also patched the custom software so now all future HD recordings are not encoded, which works perfectly.
    I am still so pleased that my LG BP620 plays HD recordings flawless via WiFi from the Humax

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 0:25:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Get Go

mjheathcote - 11 hours ago  » 
    I've also patched the custom software so now all future HD recordings are not encoded, which works perfectly.

How did you do that?

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 11:37:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

I don't think that can be discussed on this forum.

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 14:04:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mjheathcote

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1661195-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-3-a-25.html

Post 740.

Feel free to delete if I am breaking any rules...

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 14:31:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Get Go

Excellent. Thanks

| Tue 1 Jan 2013 18:12:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

R88buc

I to have installed custom firmware and patched with HD encoding stripper. My Samsung smart TV works well and plays sd & hd .ts files. The issue is the samsung allshare player progress bar shows the file being ~11 minutes long when in fact it is 1 hour long. When the progress bar reaches the end (~ 11 minutes) the player stops.
    To work around this I can, while the file is playing use the "search in time" function to search for a time beyond the ~11 minutes and the file will then play to the real end of the file while the progress bar sticks at ~ 11 minutes. This is not very convenient. I looking for suggestions.

Thanks

| Wed 13 Feb 2013 16:23:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Hey that HD encoding stripper works great! You can even watch "in progress" HD recordings as long as you don't skip too close to the end, i.e. present time.

R88buc - 4 days ago  » 
    I to have installed custom firmware and patched with HD encoding stripper. My Samsung smart TV works well and plays sd & hd .ts files. The issue is the samsung allshare player progress bar shows the file being ~11 minutes long when in fact it is 1 hour long. When the progress bar reaches the end (~ 11 minutes) the player stops.
    To work around this I can, while the file is playing use the "search in time" function to search for a time beyond the ~11 minutes and the file will then play to the real end of the file while the progress bar sticks at ~ 11 minutes. This is not very convenient. I looking for suggestions.
    Thanks

XBMC on a HTPC would be my solution. It'll make the "SMART" part of your TV - and pretty much every other regular media player - look like a child's toy in terms of what it can do for you as regards LAN and WAN streaming, customisability, controllability etc. There's almost nothing it won't play.

Although I think you're looking for an easier solution in the short term. For that I'd recommend remuxing the .TS files the HDR spits out as MKV files, using MKVmerge on Windows for example.

Yet another solution is updating the firmware on the TV. Go to manufacturer's website, enter model number in the right search box and you should be given instructions on how to check on the TV to see which version firmware you're running. Then you compare that to the most recent firmware version available on the website, and if it is newer you download that to a USB stick, (usually) unpack the file while it's on the USB stick, then put it in the USB of the TV and go through a few menus to update etc.

| Mon 18 Feb 2013 2:12:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Goose

zeke - 7 hours ago  » 
    XBMC on a HTPC would be my solution.

XBMC on a Raspberry Pi powered from a USB on the television should work well!

Yet another solution is updating the firmware on the TV.

Don't Samsung TVs do that automatically? The one I installed recently went straight back to the mother ship and downloaded a firmware update.

| Mon 18 Feb 2013 9:31:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.