My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Delete Folder and contents

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rskipwth

I have come across a problem trying to delete one particular folder and its contents. I tried the OPT+ button as usual but "Delete" is dimmed in the popup menu. Similarly if I go into the folder and try and delete the individual content it stays put. OPT+ brings up "Delete" un-dimmed on all other folders Perhaps it is haunted as it is the ghost story "Remember Me" with Michael Palin? My only other option is to format the hard drive but there are things I haven't watched yet and it is unlikely I will have an empty watch list in the near future. Hope someone can help.

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 19:51:00 #1 |
  2. geoffers

geoffers

If you are network connected and have setup FTP access (settings>system>internet setting>FTP Server=On) and have an FTP client on your PC (such as Filezilla), you could try deleting the files from here.

However, if for some reason the files have somehow been marked as read-only this probably won't work. (Unless you can change the permissions - chmod 777 normally enables all permissions, however not sure what level of FTP commands the Humax FTP server supports)

| Tue 9 Dec 2014 20:10:41 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Try this:

Watch a few seconds of each episode contained in the folder ensuring that stop is pressed before moving onto next episode, once all episodes have been watched try the opt+ button again.

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 8:32:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Rskipwth - 12 hours ago  » 
    My only other option is to format the hard drive

Nothing so drastic first.

On the older Humaxes if you were playing back something and switched to something else without pressing stop or letting it play to the end and stop naturally the Humax would keep the file tagged as open/in-use and would not allow it to be deleted. I'm not sure if this is the same on your box, but the first thing to do would be to go back into the folder, choose a recording, press play and let it play for a short while, press stop and you may find you can delete that one recording. If you can then do the same for all the others in the folder that you cannot delete.

If that doesn't help then power off/on, if that doesn't help then do a proper reboot by putting it into standby and then physically disconnecting the mains for a few minutes, if that doesn't help then do a factory reset without a format, but you will lose the schedule so take a note or a picture with a camera phone or similar. If that doesn't help then I've no idea, I'm guessing playing and stopping the recording should to the trick though.

looks like Barry beat me to it

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 8:43:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rskipwth

Sorted thanks to Barry's simple wheeze. I'll remember it next time it happens. Thanks for all your interest and concern.

Great forum. I'll keep watching.

Bob

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 8:52:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rskipwth

And Damian too!!

| Wed 10 Dec 2014 8:53:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Thank you all for the info. I've just bought a reconditioned 2000T and was concerned that it was buggy and I'd be left with X factor recordings stuck in the library. All sorted with the play and stop method. I'm loving this machine so far.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 11:00:46 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.