My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Delete Yes/No frozen

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax7311

Tonight remote function to delete a file will not move from NO to YES using Okay and arrows. Cannot get Channel 4 pressing 4 button. All other functions fine and the Okay button works fine in all other circumstances. Have I caused this somehow????????.

| Thu 19 Sep 2013 22:24:49 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

New one on me, cannot fathom how OK button will work in some menus but not others or what could have caused it to act in this manner.

Usual solution for remote problems is to try taking the batteries out for a while, and/or replacing them, but do not see how this would fix your issue.

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 9:17:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax7311

Yes tried that method but will leave the batteries out an hour or so just in case. I have seen some refs to similar issues stemming from trying to delete a prog before stopping it and may have done that but can't get a resolution by following the instructions on Digital Spy anyway.I can live with not getting channel 4 by pressing 4 as the channel change toggle works fine but, any channel with a 4 in it is now, lost. The left arrow button won't move from NO to Yes when I want to delete a file so I will soon fill up the HDD drive. I did try emailing Humax Customer Service but as usual got no response!! I can think of a few ADDITIONAL PHRASES TO ADD BUT NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEWING.

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 11:19:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

humax7311 - 1 minute ago  » 
    The left arrow button won't move from NO to Yes when I want to delete a file so I will soon fill up the HDD drive.

As a workaround you can stop the hard drive filling up by turning on Auto Delete (Menu>Settings>Preferences>Recording>Auto Delete. It certainly sounds like a faulty remote to me.

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 11:25:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax7311

I'm beginning to think that myself now. The left button is sending the signal though as the PVR indicator lights up on the top row as usual that's what's so frustrating. What does auto delete actually mean Martin? -I archive some material using the USB link so wouldn't want to lose some recorded material anyway. As a temporary fix I could pop another formatted HDD in to the Humax -I have done it before- and retain the original until I've sorted things out or sourced another remote. I did see one for £23.86 on Amazon so might just forget the hasstle and get one!

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 11:34:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

humax7311 - 1 minute ago  » 
    What does auto delete actually mean Martin? -I archive some material using the USB link so wouldn't want to lose some recorded material anyway.

It isn't very well documented but as I understand it when space is running short the oldest recordings are removed to make space available. You can protect recordings from being deleted by locking them (Opt+ button which doesn't need left arrow).

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 11:41:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax7311

I think I'll get on to Amazon. The remote was very well used so it probably gave up due to old age! It will be useful as a spare anyway. Thanks for the excellent advice though, much appreciated.

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 11:46:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax7311

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I should mention that tonight all the functions returned. I can now get Channel 4 if I press no 4 and the delete function whereby I can use the arrow key to move from NO to YES is there too. I suspect it is related to my trying to delete a recorded programme which was still playng back -a similar problem has been reported elsewhere. I am keeping the spare one I've ordered just in case. Oh and I should mention someone did get back to me from Humax Customer Service asking when I bought the machine. It was in 2010 so I doubt if they would have replaced it under warranty. I let them know what happened and the outcome.
    Once again thank you for your interest -I'm happy now!!!!

| Fri 20 Sep 2013 20:01:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

humax7311

Hi yet again,
    After about ten minutes of happy deleting and getting channel 4 the damn problems returned. I am cutting mains power and leaving the new batteries out tonight. If I get a resolution I will report back. I've told HUMAX. Thank goodnesss I ordered the new one!

| Sat 21 Sep 2013 0:18:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

4ndy

Possibly bit of a long shot. When I first got my HDR I had similar problems with the remote control. I contacted Humax who sent me a replacement remote control. I felt very foolish when I discovered the problem was that the remote for the stereo was wedged under a chair and filling the room with IR.

| Wed 25 Sep 2013 21:45:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.