My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Deleting old recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

spire2003

I have bought a 2nd hand Humax Foxsat HDR 500gb. I am still under contract with sky so havent started using the Humax yet but tried it out. I noticed there are recordings still on from the previous owner so wondered how to delete them. Any advice please ?

| Thu 22 Nov 2018 9:50:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

spire2003 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have bought a 2nd hand Humax Foxsat HDR 500gb. I am still under contract with sky so havent started using the Humax yet but tried it out. I noticed there are recordings still on from the previous owner so wondered how to delete them. Any advice please ?

Quickest way and best way to start from a clean sheet would be to format the hard drive.

| Thu 22 Nov 2018 11:11:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

spire2003

Martin thanks.I just wondered for future reference about deleting recordings. I have the handbook but can't find any info.

| Thu 22 Nov 2018 15:48:40 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Highlight a recording and press OK - delete is one of the options. Edit mode allows multiple selection of recordings to be deleted all at the same time. Look at the bottom of the screen for the coloured key short cuts.

| Thu 22 Nov 2018 16:57:05 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Note if you select a lot of recordings to be deleted it can take a a significant time.

You can safely press the power button. The box will delete the recordings in the background and return to sby when actioned.

To get the best out of the box you should install Raydons Custom Firmware add on that allows it to run external linux apps. This transforms the box.

| Thu 22 Nov 2018 19:34:35 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.