My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Disabling Time Shift Recording on Foxsat

(6 posts)
  1. black knight

black knight

special member

Does anyone know of a way to disable the time shift recording on the Foxsat HDR?

On the HDR1000S there's a simple menu option, but nothing like that available on the Foxsat. I have the custom firmware installed, but again there doesn't seem to be an obvious way of doing it, but I'm sure some clever person must know!

Cheers.

| Wed 31 Jul 2019 12:04:03 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

I don't think you can. But why would you want to?

| Wed 31 Jul 2019 16:53:08 #2 |
  3. black knight

black knight

special member

I don't use it, and it saves wear on the disk.

| Wed 31 Jul 2019 18:28:00 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

black knight - 25 mins ago  » 

The timeshift buffer file is a fixed location on the disk (it's actually a file called 0.ts). It does not in any way impact on recordings. It can actually be useful because 0.ts is not encrypted.

If it happens to get corrupted simply rename it to something like 0.old.

No good deleting it because the OS simply recreates it on a different area of the Hard Disk.

My first generation Foxsat-HDR with a 1TB drive installed just after buying it still works despite being used every day.

It has a neglible effect on HDD life.

If you don't use it simply ignore it. Frankly being able to pause to answer the door bell or the phone is invaluable for a minute or so. I do though normally watch ITV in chasing playback because you can easily skip the ads.

| Wed 31 Jul 2019 19:03:45 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

black knight - 2 hours ago  » 

I agree with this line of thinking. Which is one reason I keep my old Digitalstream Freeview PVR running as that lets you do that and use it as just a non-PVR box if you wish.

(my TV while HD Ready does not have a DVB-T2 capable tuner so no good for viewing HD channels directly)

| Wed 31 Jul 2019 20:44:09 #5 |
  6. black knight

black knight

special member

I found a thread HERE, which claims it can be done in the same way as it's possible on the Fox T2 with the custom firmware installed.

However there doesn't seem to be a 'web server diagnostics' page on the Foxsat custom firmware, so I'm unsure how it would be done in this instance.

Can anyone make some sense of it and best describe how I'd go about doing this?

Cheers.

| Thu 1 Aug 2019 9:45:06 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.