My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Disappointed with the User Interface

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marmaduke

I have recently purchased this Humax for £169-95 from Richer Sounds. It appears to be a new version having an antenna loop-through. Perhaps the absence of such a loopthrough was found to be an economy too far.

I am disappointed with the user interface which seems much too complicated and anti-intuitive. I think Humax should learn that half of their potential customers have below-average intelligence, and therefore market a product which is much more easy to use. This user interface seems to be designed by a computer geek and inadequately tested by feedback from ordinary people.

One glaring anomaly concerns the Favourites mode. When in a Favourites mode, by keying-in a channel number which is NOT listed in that mode, the machine is thereby knocked out of the Favourites mode back into "TV" mode, which causes confusion. It should only be possible to exit the Favourites mode by the same route taken to enter it.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 12:26:15 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

What it the software version on this machine? It would be interesting if Humax are now loading an updated version on new units.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 12:41:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It appears to be a new version having an antenna loop-through. Perhaps the absence of such a loopthrough was found to be an economy too far.

Loop-through, yes, but only when the box is on. If yours passes the signal while in standby, could you please give the software version number? Has an update been released?

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 12:46:36 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JamesB - 8 minutes ago  » 

It appears to be a new version having an antenna loop-through. Perhaps the absence of such a loopthrough was found to be an economy too far.

Loop-through, yes, but only when the box is on. If yours passes the signal while in standby, could you please give the software version number? Has an update been released?

Does the 2000T not have a power saving in standby option to turn off like the other units?

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 12:56:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Yes but when it's in standby the signal is not passed through.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 13:00:19 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 2 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 8 minutes ago  » 

Does the 2000T not have a power saving in standby option to turn off like the other units?

No they appear to have forgotten about the loop through, possibly as a result of not having a display. Hence no clock to display in non low power sby.

I can't imagine it's anything to do with economics (the hardware clearly exists). It's a good old fashioned screw up I guess

There's a post from Barry somewhere in response to a query of mine some time ago.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 13:02:58 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.