My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

DLNA compatibility with PS3?

(4 posts)
  1. tttonyyy

tttonyyy

DLNA is bit of a new thing to me. I was expecting to be able to play back recordings on my 2000T on the PS3 in another room. But the PS3 claims the .ts files are corrupted.

How does encryption/de-encryption work as far as DLNA goes? Does the 2000T decrypt HD files for DLNA transmission in the clear or does it just pass the raw (encrypted) file to the DLNA client?

On a Windows PC I can play back the content OK, which makes me think it is the former (content decrypted at the 2000T).

It could just be the PS3 DLNA implementation I suppose - I was wondering if anyone here had any experience of this.

| Mon 13 Jan 2014 13:05:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you trying to stream HD content to the PS3, if you are it won't work nor on a PC. I can try this out later using a HDR FOX T2 (Grandson has a PS3).

| Mon 13 Jan 2014 14:06:30 #2 |
  3. tttonyyy

tttonyyy

Thinking back, I'm pretty certain I tried with SD recordings as well, and they didn't work either. (It may have been SD I tried on the PC that worked - not sure on that).

To quote:

http://mediatomb.cc/dokuwiki/transcoding:transcoding

"Since the PS3 is a really, really crappy picky mediaplayer, you get to spend a lot of time tweaking your mediatomb config to produce an acceptable output stream."

I have a feeling the problem is most likely to be the PS3 being picky.

| Mon 13 Jan 2014 14:19:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You are correct, PS3 won't play anything on the HDR FOX T2. You can see the video files OK. none of them will play.

| Mon 13 Jan 2014 14:48:46 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.