My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

DLNA & Remote Access, Media Streaming etc

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

Does anybody have a definitive answer for what the current working capability is for network media streaming - either as a client or a server ?

My particular interest is to get access from my 1000s to my video media library that is on the same network on a W7 machine (currently sharing my media folder to a PC running XBMC, would like to see to what extent I can use the 1000s instead of the PC).

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 11:25:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TBird1 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Does anybody have a definitive answer for what the current working capability is for network media streaming - either as a client or a server ?
    My particular interest is to get access from my 1000s to my video media library that is on the same network on a W7 machine (currently sharing my media folder to a PC running XBMC, would like to see to what extent I can use the 1000s instead of the PC).

Not definitive (still playing )

See post 1

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-user-first-impressions

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 11:34:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

Thanks Graham - how are you able to detect other network sources from the 1000s? I've searched everywhere and cant see any option that resembles this function

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 12:07:18 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

TBird1 - 39 minutes ago  » 

Well as a client, DLNA served content works (using Twonky or Windows Media Player). Did not have a wide range of formats but what I have tried so far worked.

Think XBMC is a UPnP server rather than DLNA?

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 12:07:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

Thanks REPASSAC,

On the HDR 1000s which menu option do you use to discover/connect to DLNA served content ?

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 14:34:56 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Home > Humax > Select and it's the botton right icon.
    You have to give it a few secs while it locates all the servers.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 15:11:32 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TBird1 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Graham - how are you able to detect other network sources from the 1000s? I've searched everywhere and cant see any option that resembles this function

Repassac answered this one :-), I get two dnla servers on mine when Foxsat-hdr is booted. Foxsat-hdr and my laptop both running Twonky Media.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 15:14:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

REPASSAC - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Home > Humax > Select and it's the botton right icon.
    You have to give it a few secs while it locates all the servers.

LOL! Dont know how I missed that! It picks up both my PC's and my daughters laptop. Streaming works well - just took a broad sample across my 2Tb of mkv hd TV series and all seems to play perfectly.

The prospects for this wee box are awesome!!

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 15:35:20 #8 |
  9. chrisund123

chrisund123

I had good results playing tv stuff as the audio was in Dolby digital and the aspect ratio was good, but I've had less success with playing films which are often have the audio in DTS (the humax can't handle dts, and clearly can't just pass it raw over to my amp either). As a lot of 1080p films are actually in 1920*800 the humax also stretches them to fit so everyone is tall and skinny!

so far great for tv But pants for films lol

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 19:23:59 #9 |
  10. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

There isn't a PVR which excels at being a very good PVR and a very good Media player on the market at the moment, even with the release of the G2.

I wouldn't recommend throwing away your PC running XBMC just yet.

| Mon 22 Oct 2012 16:45:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.