My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

DNLA Server / Client / FTP access on the HDR 2000T

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

snorkiet

Got the HDR-2000T last weekend for it DLNA server and client capability. Works great on the whole.

There are a couple of queries I have with DLNA and ftp if anyone can answer them.

+ I want to use the pvr to record tv but to also view media stored on my nas. This works ok except when the pvr is recording. When recording I cannot select network to view non local media via the client dlna on the pvr.
    Seems to be a bug. Is this to be expected?

+ I use the dlna server in the pvr to view recorded programmes on my main smart tv across the network. This works great for SD but programmes recorded in HD are not visible to play.I know some dlna server are not HD compatible. Does the dlna server support HD or is this my client. I have tried several clients? What is the HD recorded format?

+ Since I could not see it in dlna server, I wanted to try and copy the HD programme across to my NAS using ftp. I switched it on in the menu and was able to see it is responding to ftp commands. However I cannot access the ftp directories using anonymous access. All the manual says is switch it on and access via ip address. Suspect anon access is not what is required here and there is a fixed userid/password that must be used. Tried admin(all combos)with my 4 digit pin. What is the user id/password and what additional settings are required for ftp(active/passive)?

Regards

| Wed 27 Nov 2013 14:24:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

snorkiet - 56 minutes ago  » 
    + I use the dlna server in the pvr to view recorded programmes on my main smart tv across the network. This works great for SD but programmes recorded in HD are not visible to play.I know some dlna server are not HD compatible. Does the dlna server support HD or is this my client. I have tried several clients? What is the HD recorded format?

If it is like the HDR-FOX t2 then HD content is protected by the DCTP-IP protocol. Does the smart TV support DCTP-IP?

+ Since I could not see it in dlna server, I wanted to try and copy the HD programme across to my NAS using ftp. I switched it on in the menu and was able to see it is responding to ftp commands. However I cannot access the ftp directories using anonymous access. All the manual says is switch it on and access via ip address. Suspect anon access is not what is required here and there is a fixed userid/password that must be used. Tried admin(all combos)with my 4 digit pin. What is the user id/password and what additional settings are required for ftp(active/passive)?

If like the HDR-FOX T2 then user humaxftp password 4 digit pin default 0000. However be aware that the recordings will be encrypted.

| Wed 27 Nov 2013 15:25:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

snorkiet

If like the HDR-FOX T2 then user humaxftp password 4 digit pin default 0000. However be aware that the recordings will be encrypted.

Thanks that worked a treat using humaxftp as the user with 0000 as the password.

I can now access via ftp but as you say its encrypted. So its ok for uploading files but not getting access to the HD recording test test out elsewhere.

Does any one know whether I can extract the recorded files unencrypted to an external hard drive or not? I want to determine if its dlna on the 2000T that doesnt deliver HD files or not.

It would be useful to know as it makes recording in HD redundant for me as I want to watch recorded content on my main tv in the lounge. Its on the wall and is networked. I dont want to add untidy cables.

| Thu 28 Nov 2013 14:21:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

snorkiet - 43 minutes ago  » 
    Does any one know whether I can extract the recorded files unencrypted to an external hard drive or not?

I think you can use Foxy to fool the Humax into thinking it is permissible to decrypt the recording and then put the recording back on the Humax and decrypt it by copying to USB.

| Thu 28 Nov 2013 15:07:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

snorkiet

An update on HD recordings.

Thanks Martin
    I did a bit of reading on previous T2 posts especially foxy. It looks like the same processes can be used on the 2000T. I used these to get HD working on my main tv across the network.

Just for the record.
    I download foxy
    used ftp to copy the hmt file locally and pass it through foxy
    uploaded hmt back to the 2000T
    Then I copied the recording to a 32gb usb3 pen drive and from there to my nas drive

Once on my nas drive I could play it fine on my main TV via dlna direct from my nas.

Its a bit of a pain. Reading the previous comments highlights this has always been the case. I will only use this process for stuff I want to keep long term. SD is ok for everything else.

| Sat 30 Nov 2013 10:09:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

snorkiet

I have also managed to view HD recordings direct from the 2000T
    Same process as above but rather than copy the file from my usb to my nas (quickest was was to remove isnb and put it in nas)
    All I did was copy the file from the usb back to the humax.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 14:17:18 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.