My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Do i need to pay for You view?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieboy

Hi All, I have looked on here for a FAQ on "You View" but couldn't find one. My question is, do i need to pay for "You View"?
    I mean BT and Talk Talk offer it but at a price. The info on the web seems to say that you don't need to subscribe. You can just buy a box plug it in and get the "You view" stuff like on demand/catch up stuff. Is that correct? If it is, why would anyone pay eg £14.50 pcm (with Talk Talk) for it? Or is it for the extra box set on demand stuff and 'free' box you can get?

Thanks,
    Steve

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 16:43:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

stevieboy - 46 minutes ago  » 
    My question is, do i need to pay for "You View"?

No you don't have to pay a monthly subscription to access YouView. The TalkTalk cost you quote is the cost of a broadband package and included in that price is the option to get a YouView box for nothing (but there is an installation cost). You can stick with your existing ISP but will have to pay for the box.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 17:33:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieboy

Thanks Martin. Is it just on demand stuff available or is there a catalogue of box sets too without subscription?
    Is there an 'idiot's guide' with exactly what you get without a subscription?

Steve

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 17:53:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.