My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Dodgy box again?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alistair

Just been reading the 'So many issues after just one month' thread and, though I don't have most of those issues, I do have others.

1. Freezing. I have once had the system totally unresponsive and had to switch it off and on at the wall in order to bring it back. It frequently freezes (screen goes blank & no sound) for several seconds.

2. The rest of the problems are user interface ones, particularly when compared to my old TVonics:

1. When playing a recording I am expecting the 'info' button to tell me how far through the program we are but I can't see any way of finding this out.
    2. I am used to being able to play a recording from the start, the position I last left it or from a particular point I can type in. I appear to only be able to do the first two of these.
    3. It's hard to tell from the program guide whether a program is due to be recorded or not.
    4. I loath the way the program guide moves instead of the highlight!

I also would like to be able to skip adverts instead of using fast forward but I gather this is available in an update. Maybe some of the other issues will also be fixed?

It is not currently connected to the net, I need to get a homeplug kit. Is this the only way to get a software update?

--- Alistair.

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 21:23:01 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You are obviously aware that you need the latest update. It is only available via the network connection.

2.1 Try pressing the play button during replay, this should bring up the timebar. The latest update enables playback from a particular point.

2.2 In the guide, the programme shouold be annotated with the red rec icon if a timer is set.

Skip function also added with latest update, hard coded to 1 minute forward and 15 seconds back.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 8:34:43 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

2.1 You can only select a time to start playback from in the Recordings list. You cannot alter it during playback unless you go Back to Recordings first. Clunkiest implementation I have ever seen.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 11:09:56 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.