My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Does anyone know what's going on

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Does anyone know what's going on with Humax.
    As the only model that's being sold on Humax Direct, is the Aura.
    I noticed that all other models are showing as out of stock.
    (it's been like it all year)
    As the Aura has over sensitive tuners for us, I'm keeping tabs on the 5000t /2TB.
    I've noticed that Everywhere that sells Humax seems to be getting stock in of Aura.
    eg, the 5000t 2tb is out of stock everywhere,
    and the 1tb model is fast running out of stock.
    I've also noticed that everything from Humax only comes with a 1 year Guarantee.
    All the other models are now out of stock.
    I asked Humax on the Instant Chat when the 5000t 2tb was going to be in stock again( in case mine pack's up.)
    The answer was that there was no Date available at that time.
    They also said it was the same for all models including the Aura.
    So, in conclusion, they seem to be Reducing the Guarantee periods.
    they are not not producing any model except the Aura to All the outlets they supply. Finally, I get the impression that they seem to be reducing their obligations. Particularly since apparently the updates for the troublesome Aura seems to have ceased.
    If my fears are correct and they are in trouble It will be a very sad day indeed.

| Sat 21 May 2022 9:36:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I would guess that production of the FVP-5000T has ceased so I would be surprised if there is more stock. If you buy an Aura from Humax Direct you get two years warranty if you register it (or at least I did a few months ago).

I am not aware that the Aura has more sensitive tuners than the FVP; several people think they are less sensitive. There have have been some problems which are due to marginal components in the tuner but Humax have been replacing the boxes of people affected.

| Sat 21 May 2022 11:44:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

The reason I said that the Tuners are sensitive is That is what I was told by Humax.
    That was after I returned a humax Aura.
    Also a second time when I returned another one.
    It has been mentioned on here numerous times just how sensitive they are.
    I even had a local Ariel expert who has installed Many Aura boxes in my area.
    Even He said that the Aura was over sensitive, compared to any other Humax boxes.
    He has installed a lot.
    When I spoke with Humax and gave them my postcode. The First thing He said was OH.
    This was followed by The Aura was very Sensitive on the signals.
    This was the Third time that I was told bye them.
    He then advised me to stay with my 5000t, as it works perfectly well.
    They have been producing the 180 5000t and the 2000 alongside the aura.
    These were not only on Humax Direct, but also to the trade in general.
    However It all stopped at the beginning of the year, now if you manage to find one anywhere. It states a 1 year Guarantee.
    But thanks for your reply.
    It's just that I noticed that for the first time in their History they have just one product on sale since the T 2 was first sold.

| Sat 21 May 2022 12:54:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 3 hours ago  » 
    I would guess that production of the FVP-5000T has ceased so I would be surprised if there is more stock.

Manhattan temporarily stopped production of one of their freeview models due to the on-going chip situation. That Manhattan model has only recently become available again. I was wondering if Humax have also had to temporarily streamline their manufacturing and picked on the UK's FVP-5000T.

Martin Liddle - 3 hours ago  » 
    If you buy an Aura from Humax Direct you get two years warranty if you register it (or at least I did a few months ago).

In addition to that, Humax still explain about how to expand the default purchase warranty of 1 year for new units on their website, and how to expand that to 24 months.
    https://uk.humaxdigital.com/warranty-policy/

john1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    now if you manage to find one anywhere. It states a 1 year Guarantee.

Strictly speaking the normal warranty at purchase has never been more than 1 year, as the 24 moth warranty relies on registering the purchase with Humax.
    Also, some sales of "new" boxes may not be covered by Huamx's offer, as they may not be sold through a normal distribution chain.

john1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    They have been producing the 180 5000t and the 2000 alongside the aura.

Production of the HDR-2000T ceased in 2020. The new HDR-1800Ts being sold, including those available via Humax Direct, are using the last of the component stock and will cease to be available later this year.

| Sat 21 May 2022 14:47:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.