My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Doesn't recognise FAT32 stick or card.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trapperisit

Hi, newbie here! I am trying to transfer files from my Foxsat HDR to either a memory stick or SD card both of which are formatted to FAT32 but it tells me they are not recognised and I should format to FAT 32 or EXT3!! Haven't a clue about EXT3! Any help would be appreciated.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 20:37:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

as per most of my other posts recently...

do a full format of the cards/sticks under windows, not a quick format and try again. If that doesn't work let us know make and size of cards/sticks

ext3, a better file system used mainly with linux type systems, allows you to have files larger than 4GB. You can run (boot into) a linux live standalone system on a pc, laptop etc. format your cards/sticks to ext3 for use, you won't be able to use the usb cards/sticks on windows though without a Ext2Fsd driver or similar. A bit of a steep learning curve so unless you've files >4GB stick with fat32 for now

copying isn't very intuitive... media, opt+, file manager
    should get you started.

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 4:12:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Also,
    if you're transferring recorded SD files that's not a problem, HD files will be encrypted and can only be played back on the original FoxSatHdr, i.e archiving purposes

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 4:13:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

trapperisit - 14 hours ago  » 
    Hi, newbie here! I am trying to transfer files from my Foxsat HDR to either a memory stick or SD card both of which are formatted to FAT32 but it tells me they are not recognised and I should format to FAT 32 or EXT3!! Haven't a clue about EXT3! Any help would be appreciated.

Hi welcome to our forum.

The FAQ's are your friend

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-format-a-usb-device-to-ext3-noddys-guide

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 11:22:09 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.