My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Wifi Dongle greyed out

(95 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan J

Hi,
    I'm new here and hope someone can help.

I have bought a HDRT2000 1tb PVR and when I plug the dongle in and turn it on it stayes greyed out and doesn't reconise it
    It is the new 300mb dongle.
    I can connect it via the LAN cable and that works.
    Also how do you wipe a software update and redownload it via the LAN cable way?

Many Thanks

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 17:22:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dan J - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have bought a HDRT2000 1tb PVR and when I plug the dongle in and turn it on it stayes greyed out and doesn't reconise it
    It is the new 300mb dongle.

What new 300mb dongle is that?

Also how do you wipe a software update and redownload it via the LAN cable way?

The only way I know is to install an earlier version of the firmware and then reinstall the later version. Trouble is with the HDR-2000T Humax never released the original version of the firmware; Maybe Barry knows a way? Why do you want to do this? There are very few problem reports across the whole range of Humax products that appear to be related to faulty firmware installations.

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 18:40:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan J

Hi Martin,
    The new dongle is fatter that the 160 mb dongle. I have 2 HDR T2000 pvr players bought only weeks apart, but with different dongles.Both machines refuse to except the new dongle??
    I spoke to Humax and they said I might have a software update that hasn't worked properly, but didn't tell me how to fix it. my first box boots up in about 5 seconds and the new one takes about 40 seconds. i bought the second box because i was so impressed with the first one, but im starting to wish i hadn't

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 19:55:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Dan J - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Martin,
    The new dongle is fatter that the 160 mb dongle. I have 2 HDR T2000 pvr players bought only weeks apart, but with different dongles.Both machines refuse to except the new dongle??
    I spoke to Humax and they said I might have a software update that hasn't worked properly, but didn't tell me how to fix it. my first box boots up in about 5 seconds and the new one takes about 40 seconds. i bought the second box because i was so impressed with the first one, but im starting to wish i hadn't

Which boxes have you got, exactly?

There is no HDR T2000. There's the HDR-2000T, which works with the Humax wireless dongle. And there's the DTR-T2000, which doesn't have built-in wireless but is often used with the TP-LINK TL-WR843ND 300Mbps Wireless Adapter.

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 20:38:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan J

Hi James,
    Sorry you were right, I have a HDR 2000T with a 300mb dongle.

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 21:59:58 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

What version of software is on your unit?

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 22:10:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dan J - 3 hours ago  » 
    The new dongle is fatter that the 160 mb dongle.

Was the new dongle supplied by Humax? Is it Humax branded?

my first box boots up in about 5 seconds and the new one takes about 40 seconds.

Those timings sound odd. Have you actually timed them accurately starting up when they are not recording (and not scheduled to record in the next 15 minutes). Our box takes about 25 seconds from cold.

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 23:59:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 8 hours ago  » 

my first box boots up in about 5 seconds and the new one takes about 40 seconds.

Those timings sound odd. Have you actually timed them accurately starting up when they are not recording (and not scheduled to record in the next 15 minutes). Our box takes about 25 seconds from cold.

Presumably the older box has the latest software with power saving off.
    My HDR-2000T start up time is either 3 1/2 seconds or 29 seconds (without internet connection) depending on whether power saving in stand-by is on or off. When it was on old software the startup time was also 29 seconds.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 9:02:27 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Dan - If you answer my query re 'what software version' I may be able to assist further.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 12:43:22 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Dan - If you answer my query re 'what software version' I may be able to assist further.

Barry is there a new 300 Mbps dongle? With Humax Direct offline it is hard to know what Humax are offering.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 12:58:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.