1. User has not uploaded an avatar

John Cawley

how can I download a file larger than 4gb? please can anyone help
    John

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 15:09:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The destination drive has to be formatted EXT3.

See faq's

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-format-a-usb-device-to-ext3-noddys-guide

The free version of Easeus Partition Manager for windows will also do the format without needing Linux.

EXT2FS will allow windows to use a EXT3 drive.

Welcome to the forum

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 15:39:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

John,

If you mean download from HDR to a PC or vice versa I assume you are trying to use a USB device formatted to FAT32 as a transit and hitting the 4GByte limit.

As an alternative to formatting the USB device to ext3, you could use the Raydon custom firmware which supports file transfer between PC/Laptop and the HDR over the network, so there is no requirement for the intermediate use of any USB device either FAT32 or ext3.

If you've got the custom firmware already, you just need to look at using FTP (File Transfer Protocol).

dino

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 16:37:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

John Cawley

Hi guy's
    Thank you for the welcome, and I thought it might be as simple as pushing a button problem is I am 70 and you have lost me and yes I do use a memory stick formated to fat32 so I will change it to ext3 and see what happens,
    again many thanks for your help,
    John

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 17:51:14 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

John Cawley - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Hi guy's
    Thank you for the welcome, and I thought it might be as simple as pushing a button problem is I am 70 and you have lost me and yes I do use a memory stick formated to fat32 so I will change it to ext3 and see what happens,
    again many thanks for your help,
    John

Hi again John

You can use EXT2 on a USB stick (it's a better FS for small solid state memory devices). If the content was HD recorded in Freesat mode then it won't play on anything else due to the encryption imposed by Freesat so unless it's a very long SD recording there won't be much point in copying it to a PC. I'm 68 by the way

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 18:44:58 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.