My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR 101 warranty

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Johnsmith1

Purchased a 'New' DTR 1010 on ebay from a private individual.
    I registered the item with Humax and was provided with the 2 year extended warranty
    The item was new and in original factory packaging etc. After some months, the item refuses to tune any channels , even after full maintenance reset.
    Humax support sent me an e-mail offering to replace the item .
    However, after some weeks of waiting, they are now saying they cannot replace it, as it was purchased on ebay, even though it is within warranty and a new item.
    Can anyone help please. Thank you

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 11:53:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If you yourself registered for the warranty, and it was approved by Humax, it seems Humax should honour the warranty or show that they have reasonable grounds for refusing. Presumably, when you registered for the warranty, you were asked where it was purchased. If you stated it was bought on ebay, and that was accepted, and the warranty was granted, I don't understand why they would be saying the warranty's not valid because purchased on ebay.

Perhaps it's just a mistake. I suggest you email them again, attaching a copy of the proof of warranty.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 12:24:18 #2 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Do you have the original receipt? If it was a private sale, for example, if the original owner bought it from a shop, didn't use it and then sold it later on eBay you are probably out of luck as I think you need to be the original retail purchaser to get the warranty. If you bought it new on eBay from a registered trader (they supply a business address and VAT registration details under the 'Legal Information' section on eBay) rather than an individual you might be OK. You will need the receipt though. I bought a HDR-FOX T2 a couple of years ago, registered it with Humax and had a problem after a few months. They had all the details, and from the serial number they knew the unit was less than a year old but I'd lost the receipt during a house move so was out of luck. They might take a credit card statement showing the transaction as proof of purchase in lieu of a receipt. I think you need to discuss it further with them to try and get a resolution.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 12:29:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Do you have the original receipt? If it was a private sale, for example, if the original owner bought it from a shop, didn't use it and then sold it later on eBay you are probably out of luck as I think you need to be the original retail purchaser to get the warranty.

Might be okay if the seller provided the OP with the original receipt. The conditions given at http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/warranty.php state:

This warranty will be honoured only if the Warranty Certificate has been duly completed by the purchaser and is presented to the retailer with the original invoice or receipt.

and it also says:

This warranty is offered to any person who has legally obtained possession of this product within the warranty period.

That seems to me to say that you don't have to be the original purchaser, but you do need the original receipt, to show it was legally obtained by the original purchaser.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 12:57:23 #4 |
  5. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

JamesB is right: I hadn't read the warranty TOCs recently. I remembered that the original receipt was key. So it sounds like a private purchase from the original owner is OK if you have the receipt too.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 15:39:59 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.