My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR 1010 numerous problems

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mantech

I have a DTR t1010 1TB purchased in Decemeber 2014,my first one started to become slow/non responsive to the remote control (It was not a faulty remote).Other symptoms were stuttering when fast forwarding and freezing when going back to play mode also when switching on the picture would come on but the sound would be delayed.
    My retailer replaced it with a brand new one which was initially ok but developed the same symptoms, I contacted Humax again and they advised a maintenance reset. This initially cured the problems but after a week the symptoms are returning again.
    Is this just bad luck to get 2 faulty units or is there a design problem. Can anybody help!

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 11:22:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

To be honest, if it was me I'd take it back to the retailer and ask to swap it for a better box. The first-generation Humax YouView boxes (DTR-T1000, DTR-T1010) have a reputation for being unreliable. I myself had two T1000s fail within about 15 months, and some users have reported three or even four failures.

The second-generation boxes (DTR-T2***) have generally been reported to be considerably better, both in performance and in reliability.. Or if you're put off YouView, perhaps the retailer would agree to swap it for a different make.

If your retailer won't agree, at least the statistics are on your side: you probably won't get a third dodgy T1010, and if you do, you should have no trouble claiming a full refund under the Sale of Goods Act.

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 11:49:04 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.