My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 Audio

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard55uk

I have just purchased a DTR-T100 and have it connected to my TV via HDMI. I get a good picture but the only sound I get is a clicking. Have I missed a setting somewhere or have I got a faulty box?

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 20:17:42 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Or a faulty HDMI lead?

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 21:50:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

WilliamsAJ

Hi Richard, I seem to be getting the same thing. For me it only happens on HD programs I have recorded, or when recording a HD program and watching something else. Its a glitch in the audio every half second. It can be difficult to hear on normal audio but if the audio has a backing track with a sustained note or noise, then the glitching is very noticable. I'm using the BT version of the DTR-T1000 and haven't had the January update yet, so hoping it might have been found as a bug and fixed? I've got the box directly connected to the TV, no Av amplifier, HDMI cables changed and are only half meter long. When playing a recorded HD program, listen very carefully, does anyone else hear the glitching ?? I recorded the 'Unknown' film on Sunday from 4HD and the glitching was all the way though.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 10:12:21 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

This regular 'glitching' you will find only affects programmes with surround audio (easy test to witness was to record the audio test carried on BBC HD)

It is fixed in the latest update.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 10:45:16 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Some users are reporting a new "glitching" problem with the latest update over HDMI. I normally use SPDIF to my AV amp but tried listening to a programme reported as having a problem through HDMI to my TV but I can't hearing any problems despite usually being very sensitive to any audio issues.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 17:10:13 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The glitching prior to latest update was easily spotted if as stated in post #4 the audio test was monitored.

The latest reports are described as 'crackling' and as yet I have not heard this at all on the audio test or 5.1 programmes.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 18:34:38 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Someone over on the Youview forums has posted an example of this new crackling.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 18:57:01 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No interest in the YV community forum, waste of time, so have not looked for post in question.

However have listened to the BBC HD promo loop twice and cannot hear this 'crackling' at all.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 22:49:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

anj747

My DTR-T1010 (with the latest firmware) also exhibits this on some HD programs. Strangely if I stop the program and then play it again, sometimes the crackling stops.

| Mon 4 Feb 2013 22:43:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wobblyo

I became aware of the 'crackling' problem some weeks ago but it is only occasionally, and perhaps only for a few minutes and then it seems to disappear of its own accord. Very difficult to track down but certainly it is only through the DTR box, live broadcast on the TV is fine. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update and I am 'happy' that I am not the only one with the problem.

| Mon 25 Feb 2013 12:54:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.