My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 box loses all channels at every restart

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

humler

Hi,

I have a Humax dtr-t1000 freeview box. Starting about 3 days ago, every time I turn it on I get a message that "Youview cannot show any channels because I have not tuned any", I do a retune and all is fine again, all the channels are found and work perfectly. Next day I turn it on and the channels have all gone again.

It also means that I can't record anything, every attempted recording just says "recording failed", unless the box was actually turned on when the recording started, in which case rge recording works fine.

I have switched off/on at the mains and done a factory reset.

Does anyone have any advice on how to cure this?

thanks.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 20:54:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Low eco or high?

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 21:08:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

humler

its on high eco.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 21:13:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You could try changing to Low Eco, do an 8-second reset, and then retune. Do you get a choice of transmitters? If so you may have one of those situations with competing signals which the Humax YouView tuner is frankly pants at handling.

If that seems to be what's happening, you may be able to sort it out by using a variable attenuator to try to give the tuner just one transmitter to think about.

The alternative possibility (to my mind) being box failure.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 21:21:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

humler

Thanks for replying.

I'll try low eco, what's an 8-second reset?
    I do get a choice of transmitters, yes, but I've had the box for 18 months so I don't see why it would become a problem now.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 21:41:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

humler - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for replying.
    I'll try low eco, what's an 8-second reset?

There's a summary of the various reset options at https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/top_tip_soft_reset_reboot_power_cycling_maintenance_mode_and_factory_reset

I do get a choice of transmitters, yes, but I've had the box for 18 months so I don't see why it would become a problem now.

It may not be. It's where I would start, if it was me, but it may not be the correct explanation of your problem.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 21:59:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

humler

I just tried putting it in low eco, turned it off at the mains switch and turned it back on after about 10 mins, all the channels seem to be still there so maybe it was as simple as that, I hope so and I'll let you know if the problem is solved.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 22:14:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I think it's unlikely to have fixed anything, to be honest. If I've understood your description correctly, the box loses its channels while in deep standby (high eco). Switching to low eco stops it from happening because low eco is almost the same as full on, so effectively the box is not going into standby at all. Switching off at the mains for 10 minutes may simply not be a long enough test.

However, as long as you leave it in low eco every night, fingers crossed maybe the status quo will persist.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 22:55:02 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.