My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 Issues

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

frazoulaswak

We bought our Humax DTR-T100 YouView box at the beginning of January 2013 to replace a HDR FOX T2. It worked well until the beginning of December when it died completely after a week of various issues. I contacted Humax support who agreed that the box was faulty and offered a replacement under warranty, though because of the stock situation and Christmas we didn't actually receive this until 30th December.
    The replacement DTR-T1000 is now also due to be replaced as we have had various problems with it virtually every day since it arrived, of which the following are examples: -
    1. Unit turned itself off when remote was used to change channels, then would not respond to the remote.

2. Sound died without any interaction from us and the unit would no longer respond to the remote.

3. Scheduled recordings failed for no discernible reason. Series recordings have missed episodes.

4. Sound died when the DEL button on the remote was pressed to delete a failed recording. The unit then stopped responding to the remote.

5. At other times the unit would simply stop responding to the remote, but would continue showing whichever channel it was currently tuned in to.

6. While I was on the phone to Humax support yesterday, having been left in standby overnight the unit would not respond to the remote when we tried to turn it on, and was showing a pink screen on the TV. I turned it off and on at the back and it was still reporting that it was 'Nearly Ready' over an hour later, at which point I gave up in disgust.

Failure to respond to the remote seems to be a common symptom of most of the above issues.

Given that Humax support claimed that they were out of stock of DTR-T1000 units immediately before Christmas, I strongly suspect that we were sent somebody else's reject DTR-T1000 that could not have been given more than a very cursory 'reconditioning' before it was dispatched.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else had a similar experience with a replacement unit supplied under warranty. I'm certainly not very optimistic that the second replacement unit (which should arrive on Monday 20th) will be any better than the first.

Cheers,
    Mick

| Fri 17 Jan 2014 11:17:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hi Mick

I had a DTR-T1000 which died after 6 months and was replaced under warranty with one which died after 4 months. I did think at the time, and still think, that the replacement box might have been a refurbished return, but I believe this is allowed under most warranties.

If the third box gives you trouble, you might be better off taking it up with the retailer (Sale of Goods Act), rather than Humax, as your 2-year warranty may by then be nearly exhausted. But maybe you'll have better luck with this one. It might get more thoroughly checked, seeing the second one failed so soon. Good luck.

| Fri 17 Jan 2014 12:01:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColinK

I have had same issues 2 - 6

Did the Ethernet / USB reset - result following recordings failed or only recorded 1 min

Just did the first reset option (recommended one).

Current recording seems ok - time will tell

I think it was accepted that Humax proved they could not write a stable software for the 9300t, they have proved they cannot write UI software in this model.

Is this series of problems that once again they cannot write stable software, or is this a hardware issue - as detailed in another thread re PSU / Capacitors?

This is bought outright (used) so no warranty and no sale of goods recourse to retailer.

What manufacturer does a reliable PVR with a decent UI.

Thanks ColinK

Sorry to be so negative - but I have had no more than about 6 months reliable use from 2 Humax PVR's over about 6 years.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 0:44:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

vince01

I wrote in the other thread about the capacitors in the power supply. I actually think this is a firmware problem and nothing to do with the power supply. It would take some time before the capacitors would dry up and start misbehaving.I also had the same problems as stated above and also that pink screen, I think Humax should come clean about this issue with this PVR and try and sort this out for us.

| Thu 20 Feb 2014 10:10:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

vince01 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I wrote in the other thread about the capacitors in the power supply. I actually think this is a firmware problem and nothing to do with the power supply. It would take some time before the capacitors would dry up and start misbehaving.I also had the same problems as stated above and also that pink screen, I think Humax should come clean about this issue with this PVR and try and sort this out for us.

If it's the firmware, unfortunately it gets complicated, as Humax and YouView are both involved. It's hard to guess what the prospect's going to be for the retail box, once the shareholder agreements have been renegotiated. Announcement due in six weeks or so. If the PSB partners cut back on their contribution, as per press reports, the retail box may be somewhat out in the cold. More than it is already.

| Thu 20 Feb 2014 11:31:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I just noticed several posts about power supply failures on several humax boxes and thought it might help some users to know that repairs to power units on several Humax boxes are offered on e-Bay and elsewhere the urls are as below

http://www.free-sat-tv.co.uk/Humax.php?gclid=COrWjqW85L0CFaoewwod1jMAvg

and

http://shop.mikecartwright.net/humax-foxsat-repair-kit/?kw=repair%20humax&gclid=COGu0t225L0CFQkUwwodaIUADQ

Hope this helps someone, Boyd

| Thu 24 Apr 2014 14:47:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianash50

After reading all the posts about the DTR-T1000 I just thought I would add my experience. My box did manage to last for 18 months before it died, I contacted Humax Customer Support for any help they could give. What a waste of time that turned out to be, has anyone else had dealings with them? As far as I'm concerned they are just getting paid to pass peoples problems off to any other company / organization that they can come up with, the retailer , Youview , BT (as mine has a BT badge on the front) in fact anyone as long as it's not them. Ring any bells with anyone else ??

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 23:37:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Why point the finger at Humax? It''s the shareholders in the YouView consortium that set up this over-complicated situation, and they're the ones who have ultimate control not only over box development but also which bugs get priority for investigation. As manufacturer, Humax does at least have a clear responsibility to retail purchasers, in the form of the guarantee. Same goes for the retailer. YouView has noobligation to the users, and IMO it shows.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 23:55:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianash50

Surely as Humax manufacture these things they have to shoulder some responsibility for the quality and at least offer some help/advice through Customer Support

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 0:05:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

JamesB - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Why point the finger at Humax?

Good point, I'm with JamesB on this except I'd point the finger at BT.

If it has a BT badge on the front then contact BT.
    BT will have a contract with Humax where the boxes are supplied at a ridiculously cheap price and BT take responsibility for warranty claims.
    You wouldn't take an Audi to a VW dealer or vice-versa even though the vehicle may have been made in the same factory.
    If it has BT on the front then it's first and foremost a BT problem, what help did BT give you?

| Thu 22 Jan 2015 0:15:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.