My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1010 1TB Blank screen on startup FIX

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

yakima

This tale has a happy ending... nice to start on a positive note eh?

I have been really frustrated at the amount of times I've had a blank screen (although with sound) on startup of the T1010, and apparently there are others out there who have experienced similar problems (the same problem also plagued my outgoing Fox T2 - only lasted 3 years). The only way out of it was to completely shutdown all connected components and disconnect then restart which 9 times out of 10 would cure the problem.

I have a 6 year old Pioneer 32 inch Kuro tv connected with an HDMI cable from the T1010 to an input on the back of the tv. I methodically swapped inputs with other items of av equipment in my surround setup to eliminate the possibility it could be the HDMI cable and the input socket. Tried also setting a startup delay for the Humax (using a Logitech One universal remote - like gold - wouldn't be without it). Also adjusted the resolution to 720p - none of which cured the problem.

After a good bit of research I found that I probably had a HDMI hot-sync problem. Apparently it seems that some HDMI devices do not happily re-sync after a change to the signal path which is most likely a weakness in the tv - particularly as it's an older, earlier hi-def model.
    So, my thought process was rather than connecting the HDMI cable from the Humax to the tv, connect to a DVI compatible HDMI input on my receiver... that way it is the receiver doing the switching and not relying on the tv.

I'm therefore happy to report that now the Humax is not connected directly to the television the problem has resolved itself - no more blank startup screens.

I hope this may help someone that suffers with a similar predicament when connecting to a home cinema system and is perhaps ready to return their Humax box thinking it or your cables may be faulty.

| Sat 22 Aug 2015 18:03:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

yakima

UPDATE - Disregard this post - If I could delete it I would.

Just when I thought everything was going swimmingly it's done it again... aargh...the dreaded blank screen!!!

Sorry all, I really thought the problem had gone away as it was behaving so well.

Back to the drawing board - there really is nothing more I can do save for buying a new telly.

| Sat 22 Aug 2015 20:40:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hi Yakima - sorry to hear your fix didn't work. Reports of such problems as blank screens, HDMI compatibility, etc, are not uncommon with earlier YouView boxes such as the DTR-T1010. Have you tried a Maintenance Mode reset (https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1370864319647)?

If the problem persists, it might be worth contacting YouView support (http://support.youview.com/) before you buy a new telly, if you weren't planning to buy one anyway. There's a live chat button down the bottom of that page.

| Sat 22 Aug 2015 21:59:50 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.