My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR T1010

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Hello, I have heard some of the features on the above machine have been dropped, particularly programming on your phone. I'm led to believe a dongle on the USB can't be used to access the net, I only have wifi at home so how can I get internet on my Humax? The logical approach is a wireless router with both a sim card slot and LAN connectors, or is there a real simple way of doing it, finally, what extra features will I gain by putting it on the net if certain ones have been dropped? Many thanks.

| Tue 28 Jul 2020 20:05:43 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Why do you only have wi-fi at home and why do you think you need a router with a SIM slot? Are you saying you do not have a broadband internet connection but rely on a mobile phone data connection?

| Tue 28 Jul 2020 20:30:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Hello, I move round a lot and there is no phone line here, I'm on a two year contract with 3. Unlimited data only, wifi router supplied.

| Tue 28 Jul 2020 20:50:16 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Thanks for clarifying that. You can access the usual TV online services like BBC iPlayer but not have the more general internet access your OP seems to imply you are looking for.

| Wed 29 Jul 2020 19:49:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Thanks Gomezz, the feature I want is setting the timer when I'm away from home

| Thu 30 Jul 2020 22:39:14 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.