My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR T1010

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Hello all, whilst this is not directly a box issue it is regarding the above machine, I recently bought a job lot of the above (DTR1010), one wanted reballing and I have the gear to do it. It now boots every time, a kind reader on here filled me in regarding the 1010 (thanks Luke)
    One of the machines has a different menu and it's demanding an internet initialise prompt, at home I have broadband but it's on 3 and as such I don't have access to a lan internet. Once it's done a first time install I'm led to believe I don't need it on the net. Will a wireless router enable me to wake this machine up, What I suppose I need is a wifi router with a sim slot on and it will output at a level for my Humax, I have had 50 years in the electronics game but I don't know the correct name for the box I want, anyone, ta. Tony Walker

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 3:37:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

You need a 4G router.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_20210201-084246_eBay.jpg (354.8 KB, 8 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 1 Feb 2021 9:44:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Yes, a 4G router (one from ebay in above post).
    You'll need one with a LAN/ethernet socket as shown above.
    A reballing machine eh? Nice !
    Tin/lead or lead free?
    What do you use to reflow the solder?
    Its the lack of such a machine that has curtailed some of my component level repairs.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 10:28:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

I worked for LG and scrounged it when I left, they were good to me, ta for advice.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:49:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Hello Bogbody, I can't believe how easy these 1010's are to work, five this morning! I can't work out how reballing has cured five on the trot. OK the ones that wouldn't boot, even though the 5 and 12v lines are present to the drive it still doesn't spin on start up. However, sorting the micro makes them boot straight away, my failure rate on them is currently none. I left LG because I'm tagged with dementia but I was retiring anyway. If I was 10 years younger |I'd go back. All you have to do is fit a CLEAN drive and it always works. I know it's an old model but I like them, anyway enough elation. I'm hunting Ebay now for faulty machines, I've had the odd PSU fault on them, mainly high ESR caps but most is micro based, I don't like the update that relies on a net connection to boot. Thanks to your help you put me right on that one, time to bag BT to do me a connection, cheers. Tony Walker PS Begging a circuit diagram but I'm not hopeful.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 14:26:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

I worked for a company that made ADSL modems just when lead-free (ROSHH) came out. Getting BGA to work and be reliable without lead was a nightmare. Magic tin/silver mixes with fancy fluxes helped a lot.
    Does not supprise me that the older Humax units suffer from micro/BGA problems.
    Unless the micro initialises correctly and issues the correct commands the hard drive wont start.
    I have one here that needs a new hard drive and unless its problems where only HDD based probably motherboard work. I did the psu capacitors but it did not completly fix it.
    I suspect that by the time the motherboard is sorted and a new HDD fitted it would be hard to make a profit selling it on especially if the remote is missing/broken (as mine is!).
    But, if you are fixing them for a charity, or to give them away then thats a good thing. A very good thing.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 22:07:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Hello, call me odd, I'm kitting the house out with them now, I'm almost retired so time is not an issue, but common sense will kick in (I hope) I'm not buying anymore. Had nearly 50 years in the trade and saw changes, from valved UHF tuners to, well today. Where did the time go............................
    See you soon and thanks again.
    I personally think a lot of the queries on this model is due to people not persevering with them, they are quite tame.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 16:18:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Have you considered tinkering with the Freesat HDR-1000S? These have a tendency to develop a problem that stops them accessing the hard drive. A lot of people would be VERY grateful if you could identify the faulty component or offer a repair service at a reasonable charge.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 18:15:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Hello Martin, would consider it but I have only a single LNB, otherwise I would, if I get a dual LNB receiver in for repair it annoys me that I cannot fully check all the features. I will have to price one up, I know they are cheap so possibly on my list. Ta

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 14:11:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

I used to run a few web sites on tv repairs but now I'm too old. I struggle with these Humaxes but they are tamable.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 14:12:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.