My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR T1010

(19 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tv-tony - 13 mins ago  » 
    Hello Martin, would consider it but I have only a single LNB, otherwise I would, if I get a dual LNB receiver in for repair it annoys me that I cannot fully check all the features. I will have to price one up, I know they are cheap so possibly on my list. Ta

You can run a HDR-1000S on a single feed. If setup with only a feed to tuner 1 in. It connects an internal link from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in. Dual channel recording for many combinations is possible. The software knows what combinations are possible so will not allow impossible combinations. Even when recording two some 3rd channel viewing is possible. The channel up down buttons cycle through the available channels.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 14:29:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Ta Martin, went through a phase with D2mac in the 80's, DRT600 Amstrad rings a bell, all good fun in the day, fitting motorised dishes for the other transponders, but I'll bare in mind about the Humax Free sat boxes, how this trade has changed.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 14:36:42 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tv-tony - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hello Martin, would consider it but I have only a single LNB, otherwise I would, if I get a dual LNB receiver in for repair it annoys me that I cannot fully check all the features. I will have to price one up, I know they are cheap so possibly on my list. Ta

As the problem with the HDR-1000S is that the boxes loses the ability to access the hard drive although the hard drive is known to work properly, having only a single LNB would not be a problem. I am sure one of the owners with a faulty box would be happy to send it to you if you were prepared to have a look and see if you could fix the problem. Are you open to me pointing people in your direction?

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 15:52:06 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Sorry Martin, I parted with Sony and LG after being there for a total of nearly 50 years, but retired early due to getting a form of brain injury (encephalitis), it's just a hobby now and I had to stop work three years ago. Some days I can't even remove a top cover, because I don't know how to. But thank you for the offer, I have noticed there are very few old school engineers left, but nice talking to you take care. Tony Walker
    as an example, I've just spent half an hour looking for my laptop around the house, and I'm on the damned thing, you can't make it up!

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 17:38:43 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I am probably not expressing myself clearly. You probably have the knowledge to poke around in one of these boxes and find the fault; sadly most of us don't. If you can identify and fix the fault, you have a number of options:

1. Just publish your findings and leave it to others to do it. User Biggles here took this approach in identifying a problem with the PVR-9200T, where the clock chip used to keep track of time in standby stopped working. Hundreds of people have used the information he put in the public domain to fix their own boxes. I think I was the person who persuaded him to start the project and supplied him with a faulty clock board.

2. Sell instructions to fix the problem for a few quid.

3. Repair boxes for people. Digirepair are currently charging £70 plus shipping to repair this fault. We can't judge whether this is a fair price as we don't know the nature of the fault.

I will do what I can to assist you if you do want to give it a shot. I don't have any direct interest in this as I don't own an HDR-1000S but I have been interested in the problem since it was first reported. From the outset it smelt like a hardware problem to me but I kept getting told it must be a software problem. I was rather satisfied when it was confirmed as a hardware problem.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 19:13:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

huma204

I know this is old but wonder if it was ever resolved. The T1010 is a great box but problems with the microchip destroy it, does anyone have any news about this.

| Tue 14 Jun 2022 7:16:22 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

huma204

Clearly nobody cares!.

| Mon 27 Jun 2022 17:45:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

huma204 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Clearly nobody cares!.

It is not true that we don't care but your problem is very common but the people who have managed to fix it have not wished to explain how they did it.

| Mon 27 Jun 2022 18:54:09 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

huma204

Thank you for the prompt and Frank reply. It is a great shame that people choose to keep to themselves solutions to problems and have the bad manners to come onto a forum to tell everyone they are not sharing their findings. A great shame.
    I apologize for my outburst.

| Mon 27 Jun 2022 19:52:11 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.