My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1010 hangs on "Nearly Ready"

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dinger53

My box will not start up despite numerous attempts from switching off at the wall, to switching of on the back of the box, and performing a reset (holding power switch on the front of the box).

It may be that a factory reset will do the trick, but I can't get it to go into that menu. I get to "Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N?", press the power button and then it thinks about it for a while then the screen goes blank - the box display says "Please wait". I am growing old waiting.

Any ideas how I can kick it into Maintenance Mode?

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 19:43:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Sadly, there are numerous reports of T1000/T1010 YouView boxes going through similar scenarios, and not recovering.

I'd suggest you contact Humax, if still under warranty. If the warranty has expired, contact the retailer.

| Tue 24 Mar 2015 20:07:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I have a similar problem to some of the above, My box sits for ever on nearly ready, I do the maintenance bit and it gives the option of going in to maintenance mode and it enters and gives the 5 or 6 options of factory reset, software reset etc. most of which it accepts and tells you that that option has failed but I got it to run on the Factory reset, delete recordings and the rectangle came on screen with the message not to switch off etc. and it says "downloading", this remains on screen for about ten minutes and the rectangle very quickly gets a solid white line shoots across the it and then it sits with the rectangle and the message "downloading for hours, I left it overnight and it was the same in the morning, any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks Boyd (mactoshb)

| Fri 26 Jun 2015 18:08:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

mactoshb - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I have a similar problem to some of the above, My box sits for ever on nearly ready, I do the maintenance bit and it gives the option of going in to maintenance mode and it enters and gives the 5 or 6 options of factory reset, software reset etc. most of which it accepts and tells you that that option has failed but I got it to run on the Factory reset, delete recordings and the rectangle came on screen with the message not to switch off etc. and it says "downloading", this remains on screen for about ten minutes and the rectangle very quickly gets a solid white line shoots across the it and then it sits with the rectangle and the message "downloading for hours, I left it overnight and it was the same in the morning, any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks Boyd (mactoshb)

Is it still under warranty? If so, I would advise ringing Humax to discuss an exchange. If out of warranty, then, depending on its age and where you got it, it might be worth contacting the retailer.

You don't mention if you've tried the 8-second reset? Always worth trying, though it may be a faint hope given your experience with the MM and Factory resets.

| Fri 26 Jun 2015 18:21:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Hi, Box out of warranty and I have tried all the options on the menu but it never seems to go through with any software update or firmware replacement, just syas the usual about not switching off and update progressing but it never finishes.
    I think it is time to sell it for spares and repair, I doubt it can be fixed, certainly beyond me
    Boyd

| Sat 11 Jul 2015 6:28:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The 8-second reset is not on the menu. Touch the power button on the box for just over 8 seconds, then let go. The box should reboot. Always worth trying first, so I would give it a go now, just in case.

If it doesn't help, then, depending who you bought it from, and how much process you're prepared to go through, you might want to consider contacting whoever you bought it from. Failing that, then you might as well just take out the HDD to reuse, and send the box for recycling. Very unlikely anyone's going to buy a T1010 for spares/repair.

| Sat 11 Jul 2015 8:31:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

humry

I found this forum whilst searching for a solution to this exact same problem. I just checked and I bought it over 2 years ago. It has had rather light usage as I do not like the user interface or the feel of the remote control. Having recently moved I started to use it a little more, but today I found the box locked up. After some googling I found out how to get into the maintenance menu, but after trying all options (that do not lose recordings), I am losing hope it will ever work again.

I expect that all recordings are encrypted and that there is no way to recover them by putting the hard drive in another Linux(?) computer?

Also why does it take ages (20 minutes) to get into the maintenance menu. I tried the network/USB recovery, and saw the white progress bar whizz across, and then nothing.

Needless to say I am pretty p****ed off, not so much that the box has broken, but that I have lost the recordings and can't remember what there was.

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 23:54:27 #7 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

It should only take few minutes to enter maintenance mode, so something is not right. Standard definition recordings are not encrypted.The recording partition is in XFS format and can be read using a Linux PC running Ubuntu or similar.The ts files are the ones you need to copy.

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 0:14:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I expect that all recordings are encrypted and that there is no way to recover them by putting the hard drive in another Linux(?) computer?

Correct, unfortunately. (Edit - I see MontysEvilTwin says you can copy them, so I stand corrected)

Also why does it take ages (20 minutes) to get into the maintenance menu.

It shouldn't, but the software is corrupted, so it no longer functions as intended.

Needless to say I am pretty p****ed off, not so much that the box has broken, but that I have lost the recordings and can't remember what there was.
    . Yep, it's annoying. Happened to me twice, with DTR-T1000 boxes. The newer models are said to be more reliable.

You can salvage the hard drive and reuse it.

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 0:17:47 #9 |
  10. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

@Humry: one thing you can try, as you are resigned to taking the hard drive out, is to disconnect the SATA data cable from the main board, then switch it on and go into maintenance mode. This should be quicker. Once in maintenance mode, reconnect the data cable and try the factory reset, keep recordings option. This has worked for me in the past when I had problems accessing maintenance mode on a DTR-T1000. Of course, be careful not to touch the PSU components while you are doing this and don't try it if you are not confident you can do it safely.

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 1:50:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.