My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1010 missing HD channels

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mailing

Hi

After some useful help from forum members, I decided to replace my ailing PVR-9300T (FreeView) with a DTR-T1010 (YouView). [A compromise rather than an ideal solution.]

I also replaced my old TV with a new Sony KDL-42W706B (great picture / sound, etc, indifferent interface).

I have a single aerial which passes into my Sky box (which has two RF outputs): one going to an amplifier / splitter feeding other rooms and one going into the DTR-T1010. The RF output on this is connected the TV (I have enabled RF loop-through).

Therefore, essentially the same signal is being used by both the YouView box and the TV. However, on the TV I get 11 HD channels but on the YouView only 6!

Although I realise they probably use different scales, on BBC1HD (channel 101), the TV reports a signal strength of 93/100 and a quality of 100/100; on the same channel the YouView box reports 51/100 and 100/100.

Any idea why the TV gets all HD channels but the DTR-T1010 gets just half of them?

Any thoughts / suggestions gratefully welcomed.

Thanks

| Wed 21 May 2014 16:00:44 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

What channels are missing - might give a clue as to whether it is a mux problem or not.

Do you know which transmitter you receive signals from?

| Wed 21 May 2014 23:28:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mailing

On the DTR-T1010, I am missing:

086 Cbeebies HD
    106 BBC Four HD
    107 BBC News HD
    108 Al Jazeera HD
    109 Community HD

Transmissions are from Crystal Palace.

Thanks

| Thu 22 May 2014 0:31:07 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

All channels carried on Com7 multiplex which is transmitted at a lower power then all others, and it would appear to weak for the Youview box to pick up.

You could try putting aerial feed directly into Youview box and then retune to see if it will then pick them up.

| Thu 22 May 2014 1:12:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

usermanual

Hello, I have got the exact same problem but am not receiving from Crystal Palace. The exact same HD channels that were on my smart TV have also disappeared I posted on another forum last night and did a few things that were suggested but I still have the issue. Someone said try a new aerial lead or a booster, taking leads out of Humax box, plug them together and re-tune the TV.

| Thu 22 May 2014 8:12:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mailing

Thanks for the information.

I tried plugging the aerial directly into the YouView box and retuned, but still can't get the missing HD channels.

It seems odd that the TV can get them but the YouView box can't. I realise that the DTR-T1010 model is a more than a year old now and that the TV is a 2014 model, but I wouldn't have expected this from Humax's current model. Very disappointed.

I chose this over the HDR-2000T based on catch-up services (the TV has USB media support, mirracast, TV & satellite tuners, etc, but only iPlayer), but along with the sluggishness of the DTR-T1010 and that irritating white front light & scrolling display, I'm already wondering whether I made the right choice :-(.

| Thu 22 May 2014 10:56:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

usermanual

Hello!
    Share your disappointment with all of this

Because I have now 'lost' these channels on my 6 month old TV, I connected the TV directly to the aerial socket this morning, did a re-tune and still can not get them. They were there up to yesterday morning. There is no freeview work in my area (checked online) but I noticed on the Digital UK Coverage checker that there is (now)"variable transmission for 5 HD channels" in my area. This is new to me! I enclose the link if it is of any help to you.

I don't know what to think. I suppose just put up with it for now. I have emailed Humax (again) and also Freeview so I am interested to see what they have to say.

Sorry I can't help further. Thanks for your reply!

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/

| Thu 22 May 2014 11:34:39 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.