My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1010 - Not switching on

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

Started off with multi coloured gridlines appearing but the sound being fine so I replaced the HDMI cable, then the box stopped switching on despite repeated attempts and now just shows a pink screen and the message "Please wait" permanently on the front of the box.

The box is not abused, isn't smeared with jam by small children or peed on by animals, isn't beaten up by the hoover and has new HDMI cables regularly. Whilst, when they work, Humax boxes are great, this isn't the first box I've had - generally having to replace them every few years - so any help that would mean I don't have to shell out for another would be gratefully received.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 17:07:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Good afternoon,

I have a Youview pvr. Have you tried the maintenance modes? You need to reset the box as per instructions:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode?q=maint

I would try option 2 first, if this doesn't work try option 4. Hopefully this may fix your Youview box. Do let us know if this works.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 17:39:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

I managed to get through to the set-up check but it's been a black screen for over 10 minutes now and I'm guessing that's not a good thing. Going to try again.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 18:49:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Might be something to do with HDMI "handshake" to the tv from Youview pvr. The only other thought is to use scart from Youview pvr to tv to test. Try unplugging/replugging hdmi cable . Can you put the hdmi to another tv input? I assume all your other hdmi devices work ok wit tv? Just a thought. Worth trying. Good luck.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 20:04:20 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

My guess is the PSU capacitors have failed leading to out of spec voltages to drive the various electronics. Why is that my guess? Because usually that is what it is.

| Thu 13 Jun 2019 20:34:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

I only have a DVD player on a scart to this TV which is working very well. I gave up with the restart last night and am trying again now. Gomezz - er, what? I'm of a certain age an your post sounded very authoritative but I didn't understand a word - conclusion for a technophobe please.

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 16:16:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

Right, just got 39% of the way through the update and it suddenly had a patch of multi-coloured bleugh and went black. I'm guessing this is ditch again and buy another territory unless anyone can suggest anything else.

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 16:21:54 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

StrangeTrout - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Right, just got 39% of the way through the update and it suddenly had a patch of multi-coloured bleugh and went black. I'm guessing this is ditch again and buy another territory unless anyone can suggest anything else.

This is a fairly common problem on the DTR-T1010 and can probably be fixed by changing electronic components. If that is not a solution for you then yes time to buy something else. Don't buy another DTR-1010, the later Youview boxes seem to be more reliable.

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 16:31:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

StrangeTrout

Ha, I think I heard that about the model I had before - this was supposed to be a 'far superior' model!

Can this component change be done by my local guy (who is fantastic, proper wizard with electronic stuff) or do I have to send it off to Humax - needless to say it's out of warrantee.

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 16:56:18 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

StrangeTrout - 3 minutes ago  » 
    ...….
    Can this component change be done by my local guy (who is fantastic, proper wizard with electronic stuff) or do I have to send it off to Humax - needless to say it's out of warrantee.

I would expect local guy should find it easy to identify the capacitors and replace any out of spec.

| Fri 14 Jun 2019 17:01:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.