My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T2000 -> FOXSAT-HDR DNLA Streaming?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

catchingyawns

Hi everyone!

My first post here so thanks for providing the forums.

My folks have a FOXSAT-HDR and are wanting to get an additional Freeview recorder. I guess they would go for the DTR-T2000.

We have the HDR-FOX T2 and the HD-FOX T2 and the Humax DNLA streaming works really well between these boxes.

The question is: Will the Humax DNLA streaming work the same between the older FOXSAT and the newer DTR-T2000? Will it stream in both directions or is the FOXSAT too old? I am able to install custom firmware if that helps in any way.

Many thanks!

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 13:38:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Afaik the Youview boxes don't have any DLNA capability at all. A Foxsat-HDR doesn't either unless you install the Custom Firmware and one of the DLNA server packages. It can't act as a DLNA client though it's possible using the CF to map a remote drive as a NAS drive. Even then the content has to have sidecar file support like the internal recordings. Raydons AV2HDR software can create the required files.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 13:48:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

catchingyawns

Ah right, thanks for this! The FOXSAT is getting on a bit I guess.

Would a HDR-1800T stream Humax recordings to a HB-1000S and vice versa? The Humax website seems to suggest they have 'Home Networking' but it's not super clear if this is the full on Humax DNLA streaming between boxes experience.

Thanks!

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 18:01:20 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You can stream SD content from the HDR-1800T to the HB 1000s but not vice versa.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 18:56:30 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.