My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T2000 turn off safely

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

oilyoaf

Hello, I recently purchased a youview Humax DTR-T2000, my first Humax, and have been mightily impressed so far. However, I must be missing something glaringly obvious as I don't understand how to turn it off!

I often have 3 or 4 day periods where I won't be watching TV/recording anything, and I don't wish to have it sitting in standby mode for that whole time, so how do I power it down safely so I can switch if off at the plug? Currently, I am doing this whilst it's in standby mode and it makes that awful sound a pc does when the power is cut! This doesn't seem the right way of doing it to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 15:50:35 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

oilyoaf - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hello, I recently purchased a youview Humax DTR-T2000, my first Humax, and have been mightily impressed so far. However, I must be missing something glaringly obvious as I don't understand how to turn it off!
    I often have 3 or 4 day periods where I won't be watching TV/recording anything, and I don't wish to have it sitting in standby mode for that whole time, so how do I power it down safely so I can switch if off at the plug? Currently, I am doing this whilst it's in standby mode and it makes that awful sound a pc does when the power is cut! This doesn't seem the right way of doing it to me.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Don't know this model but all Humax PVR's are designed to be left in standby. Depending on date of manufacture it uses either less than 1w or less than 0.5w in standby. Some models even briefly wake to perform maintenance tasks while in standby.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 17:16:34 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

What standby mode setting are you using?

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 17:54:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

oilyoaf

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Repassac, that's interesting to hear, I guess I could just leave it in standby, it just seemed daft to me to leave it in that state for so long if I weren't using it. How is that wattage measured, per day?

Barry, currently I have 'automatic standby' set to 2 hours and the 'standby mode' set to SMART, although in my manual this heading is under 'eco mode'... has this changed during a recent update? I started using my Humax on the 1st October.

Best wishes,
    oilyoaf

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 10:45:32 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Caveat...I am not sitting in front of a DTR T2000 presently so best guess...

iirc the smart setting also needs the user to set when the unit shuts down fully (deep sleep)

If the unit is in 'deep sleep' then it should be fine to disconnect power, but as Repassac quite rightly states even in standby it is using a minimal amount of power.

I think energy saver is the option that uses least power, but the unit takes some time boot with this setting.

Standby mode settings are explained here:

Link to YouView

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 11:03:17 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

oilyoaf - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Repassac, that's interesting to hear, I guess I could just leave it in standby, it just seemed daft to me to leave it in that state for so long if I weren't using it. How is that wattage measured, per day?
    Barry, currently I have 'automatic standby' set to 2 hours and the 'standby mode' set to SMART, although in my manual this heading is under 'eco mode'... has this changed during a recent update? I started using my Humax on the 1st October.
    Best wishes,
    oilyoaf

Wattage has no time it's a power measurement. Simple example say sby power is 0.5W. A unit of electricity for which may you pay say 15p is 1000 Watt Hours. A load of 0.5W would take 1000/0.5 = 2000 hrs to use one unit. That's about 83 days.

| Wed 5 Oct 2016 12:53:17 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.