My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Dual connection

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

K19DAH

Is it possible to connect two TVs to a HDR Fox T2 - one by scart and the other by HDMI ? I would be interested if this is possible

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 16:46:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes it is. Of course the scart connected TV will only have SD pictures (576i best quality via RGB).

Get a HD FOX T2 for the other TV you can even watch a recording from the HDR FOX T2 in HD if both boxes are networked.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 16:57:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

K19DAH

Thanks for prompt reply Graham. Tried it with HD ready tv connected by HDMI while the non digital tv was connected by scart - the result was that the HD ready tv did not have a signal. Used the HDMI cable on its own with the HD ready tv and that worked ok - so it doesn't seem to be the HDMI lead

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 17:28:01 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I use a similar arrangement, with a HD FOX T2. The scart feeds an AV amp which relays the signal to a kitchen TV and the hdmi the main TV. No problem using both at once.

Presumably the scart connected TV works with or without the hdmi connection. The problem seems to be the scart cable interfering with hdmi handshake. Try physically seperating the hdmi from scart and rf leads. With the hdmi cable connected does the HD picture come back if you remove the scart at the HDR end ?

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 17:36:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

K19DAH

OK. Got both Tv's connected now. The problem was I hadn't set the HD ready tv to the HDMI setting. This is probably a stupid question, but by using the signal from the HDR Fox T2 box, does this mean that it is only possible to watch the same station on both tv's. The remote for the HDMI connected tv does not work but the remote for the Humax changes channels on both tv's simultaneously.

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 17:27:19 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

K19DAH - 17 hours ago  » 
    OK. Got both Tv's connected now. The problem was I hadn't set the HD ready tv to the HDMI setting. This is probably a stupid question, but by using the signal from the HDR Fox T2 box, does this mean that it is only possible to watch the same station on both tv's. The remote for the HDMI connected tv does not work but the remote for the Humax changes channels on both tv's simultaneously.

As you only have one set of video/audio outputs you can only watch the same on both TV's. If you have a dnla TV or a media server and a home network you should be able to stream SD recordings from the HDR FOX T2 independently of the main viewer.

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 11:30:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

K19DAH

Thanks once again Graham. I think that you have now fully answered my question.
    Since the main TV is not HD, I thought that if I linked up the HD ready tv to the Humax box as well, I could see the same programme in HD and also in SD. Never mind it was worth a try. Thanks anyway.

| Sun 1 Jan 2012 15:23:15 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

K19DAH - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks once again Graham. I think that you have now fully answered my question.
    Since the main TV is not HD, I thought that if I linked up the HD ready tv to the Humax box as well, I could see the same programme in HD and also in SD. Never mind it was worth a try. Thanks anyway.

You can. All the outputs work at once. What you can't do is watch different content on both at the same time. The hdmi and scart outputs are both usable at the same time.

| Sun 1 Jan 2012 15:28:38 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.