My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Dull Picture

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlegs

When I play back a recording the picture on the tv is dull,its like looking through smokey glass,the picture is clear and sharp just dull,when I watch the tv via the antenna its bright and clear,so it is not the tv,this only started a couple of days ago,this recorder has given no trouble since I bought it a few years ago.can anyone help with this dull picture.Thank You.Longlegs

| Sat 10 Oct 2015 22:59:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

What is the picture like if you watch live - but using the PVR? If it is dull as well I'd check your connections - do you use a SCART or an HDMI connector? SCART connectors sometimes partially fall out of the socket and can give the symptoms you mention. Don't know whether similar problems occur with HDMI. Try removing and reconnecting the cable between the Humax and the TV and see if anything improves.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 9:34:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlegs

EEPhil if I watch live the picture is still dull.it is connected to the tv via HDMI cable,i have checked all the connections I have removed and replaced them but the picture is still dull.the recorder has worked without fault for years until a couple of days ago.Thank You.Longlegs

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 10:33:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Has someone messed with the TV settings for the HDMI port the box is connected to ? Have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV ? Have you tried a different HDMI cable ?

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 12:02:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlegs

graham thank you,i tried a different HDMI port and the picture is now back to normal,i only have 2 ports on this tv,when I put the cable back into the other port the picture went dull again,so I have now put it back into port 2 and it is back to normal,any idea why it is dull from port 1.Thanks Again.Longlegs

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 15:17:21 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

That would appear to back up Grahams TV settings comment.

Can you adjust picture settings for each HDMI port?

Options are usually something like - Normal/Standard, Vivid, Custom...

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 15:26:37 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

longlegs - 9 minutes ago  » 
    graham thank you,i tried a different HDMI port and the picture is now back to normal,i only have 2 ports on this tv,when I put the cable back into the other port the picture went dull again,so I have now put it back into port 2 and it is back to normal,any idea why it is dull from port 1.Thanks Again.Longlegs

Many TV's have settings for each port.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 15:27:26 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlegs

Barry there are no picture settings for each port on my tv,there are picture setting Normal/Standard,Vivid and two Sport settings,This is set on Standard,there is no mention of each HDMI port.Thank You.Longlegs

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 16:11:37 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

longlegs - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Barry there are no picture settings for each port on my tv,there are picture setting Normal/Standard,Vivid and two Sport settings,This is set on Standard,there is no mention of each HDMI port.Thank You.Longlegs

They don't normally mention it, but generally in the major makers Sony, Panasonic, Samsung LG etc any adjustments are port specific. On my Panasonic you can actually copy settings from a specific HDMI port to others (It is an advanced model though). Check the settings you have for the port you are using, switch to the unused one, are they the same ?

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 16:35:29 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

longlegs

graham I cannot find anything about ports or HDMI in the settings on my tv,its a LG tv about 7yrs old,its now working from HDMI 2,so I am going to leave on that and if that stops working get a new tv,i would like to thank everyone for there help.Longlegs

| Mon 12 Oct 2015 6:45:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.