My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Editing the .hmi file

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

Has anyone ever successfully edited a .hmi file associated with an mp4 video file to add program information to it?

The reason I ask is I have managed to copy some of my old DVDs to mp4 format which now plays fine when copied to the HDR FOX T2. Play,Pause,FF,REW,Skip, all work fine and the audio is perfectly synced. The only thing missing, compared to a direct recording, is any info about the video. When I press the info button the no entry symbol appears. I have tried adding some metadata to the mp4 file itself, but that made no difference, so the only thing I can think of is to try to add it to the .hmi file which seems to store the current play position and possibly some program information as well. The only program I have found to edit hmi files is a paid for one so I really want to know if it will work or is "info" simply not an option when playing mp4s?

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 13:47:22 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The hmi file just contains the the elapsed time the last time play on the HDR-FOX was stopped. The metadata stored in the mp4 file is not viewable on the unit itself.

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 13:55:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

MontysEvilTwin - 1 minute ago  » 
    The hmi file just contains the the elapsed time the last time play on the HDR-FOX was stopped. The metadata stored in the mp4 file is not viewable on the unit itself.

OK, thanks very much for the quick reply. Saves me wasting any time or money trying to edit the files.

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 13:57:39 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Raydon has a programme that creates the HDR-FOX-T2 sidecar files and a matching .ts main video file, as is used by native recordings (.hmt and .nts). This gives the same playback options as you get with recordings made with the box. You can add your own programme info.

https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/AV2HDR-T2

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 14:20:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

grahamlthompson - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Raydon has a programme that creates the HDR-FOX-T2 sidecar files and a matching .ts main video file, as is used by native recordings (.hmt and .nts). This gives the same playback options as you get with recordings made with the box. You can add your own programme info.
    https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/AV2HDR-T2

Thanks Graham, I hadn't come across that in my searches, looks very useful.

| Sun 29 Jan 2017 14:58:09 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.