My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Editing with Foxsat HDR

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davo

Hi everyone
    This is my first post in the forum.

I would like to edit some of my recordings (both SD and HD) in order to keep just the parts I am interested in and delete the rest.

What is the best way to do that?

I assume I would have to use a PC and a software like Tv Suite but is there an easier way and is it possible to edit also HD recordings which are usualy encrypted?

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:11:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

You can't edit HD recordings unless you use Non-Freesat mode to record without encryption. On a unmodified box you have to use usb to transfer content (EXT3 format needed for files larger than 4GB). The custom firmware makes it easier as you can copy files both ways without using usb. The H264 version of TV suite will edit both HD (unencrypted) and SD. To get them back on the Foxsat you need Raydons AV2HDR.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:25:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davo

Thank you Graham

I am not familiar with the Non-Freesat mode and the user manual is not very clear to me.

Do I need to retune all the channels manually? And then I will be able to record unencrypted programs from HD channels?

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:52:58 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

davo - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you Graham
    I am not familiar with the Non-Freesat mode and the user manual is not very clear to me.
    Do I need to retune all the channels manually? And then I will be able to record unencrypted programs from HD channels?

Goto manual tune and select the default settings. You should get hundreds of channels. You are now in non-freesat mode (no epg) and you have to start recordings manually. You now have a new menu option mode Freesat/Non-Freesat.

Note you can't record freesat recordings while in non-freesat mode.

To enable non encypted recordings you have to go into non-freesat and reboot the box.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:59:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

harroagtepablo

Are there any freeware editing programs that will perform as well as tv suite?

I note that the foxsat recordings contain 2 files - the media file and a secondary file - is the latter generated by Raydon's program. If not how is it generated - otherwise I see the foxsat won't read it.

Grateful for your help.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 22:01:11 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

harroagtepablo - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Are there any freeware editing programs that will perform as well as tv suite?
    I note that the foxsat recordings contain 2 files - the media file and a secondary file - is the latter generated by Raydon's program. If not how is it generated - otherwise I see the foxsat won't read it.
    Grateful for your help.

None that will perform as well as TVsuite nor as quickly (only edit points are re-coded). There are 3 files .ts the video and audio, .nts which provides navigation data for the options like pause, rewind fast forward and a .hmt that contains details like the programme synopses, channel recorded from etc. AV2HDR creates the 2 support files from suitable non native video.

Extract from AV2HDR help file

The primary role of AV2HDR is to provide the means to allow video, not originally recorded on the Humax Foxsat HDR, to be imported onto the HDR's hard disk.

In order to achieve this, it must remux non-native video into the format recognised by the HDR, as well as generate the two additional support files required for HDR playback.

The main video file has the filename extension of .ts and the two support files have extensions of .nts and .hmt

The .nts file contains the timing information required to provide seeking, and play from last position functions on the HDR.

The .hmt file contains full details of the recording, including Electronic Program Guide information.

The secondary role of AV2HDR is to enable editing of the information contained within the .hmt file.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 22:08:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.