My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

English language commentaries

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveyg

Recently replaced my aged Sagem box with the Humax 1100S and there is one valued function from the Sagem box that appears to be missing from the Humax. I live in North Wales and, as a rugby fan I benefit from very good coverage of the sport here, but many of the games are on the Welsh channel (S4C) and the commentary is, naturally, in the Welsh language. I don't speak Welsh very well and understanding the rapid fire commentary is not easy for me, however, the Welsh TV service has an English language commentary available which I used to access from a 'language' button on the old box. I can't find that on my new box. Am I missing something or is it just not available?

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 9:55:02 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Settings > General settings > Preferred Language.

I have a memory seeing posts that this does not work quite as expected - so please try another setting if English does not do it for you.

It of course does require an English soundtrack to be present.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 10:16:28 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Settings > General settings > Preferred Language.
    I have a memory seeing posts that this does not work quite as expected - so please try another setting if English does not do it for you.
    It of course does require an English soundtrack to be present.

You have to choose Welsh if viewing a Welsh Nation channel to switch to English

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 10:43:31 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Another option is to listen to the radio commentary in English on DAB radio or online if they are covering it. But you probably want to delay the TV coverage by a few seconds (DAB) or a couple of minutes (online) to sync the commentary to the action.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 10:48:03 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.