My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

EPG Icons

(4 posts)
  1. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I'm sure that this has been answered before, but a search doesn't bring anything up, so I'll ask again.

In the EPG what do the play icons inside a broken circle, and those inside a solid circle, denote?

There must be a reason why some programmes have these and others don't, but I'm blowed if I can work it out.

| Sat 15 Apr 2017 19:55:52 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As they only appear to be displayed on BBC programmes (only had a quick glance at guide) so not 100% sure on this but....

Solid circle - programme available now via iplayer

Dotted circle - programme on air and available to watch from start on iplayer

| Sat 15 Apr 2017 23:00:59 #2 |
  3. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I hadn't spotted that these were just on BBC channels and I believe you are right about the solid circle, Barry.

On the programmes showing this when I pressed OK there was an option to 'Watch Now' which took me to iPlayer.

However I'm not sure about your idea regarding the broken circle, as it is showing on some programmes not yet being broadcast, at 00:15 it was on a BBCFour programme due to start at 1:05am, and I can only see the usual options when I press OK i.e. no 'Watch Now' option.

It is also showing on some past programmes with no option other than 'Close' after pressing OK.

| Sun 16 Apr 2017 0:48:44 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

More guesswork on dotted circle (I'll try and find out for sure next week)

For programme not yet on air - will be available via iplayer to watch from start as soon as on air broadcast starts?

You have to use iplayer to watch as there does not appear to be a link from the guide for programmes currently on air or due to start soon.

| Sun 16 Apr 2017 8:43:12 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.