My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

erm... any news on 4OD and demand5 delivery?

(13 posts)
  1. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

I don't suppose there's any news on a delivery date for either of the 2 services promised by the end of 2012? It's now June 2013, so you're now almost 6 months late with delivery.

Under the sale of goods act 1979, goods have to be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, and as decribed.

Since the box of my HDR1000S has these services listed as "expected 2012", it would interesting to see whether the unit is "as described" under the terms of the law.

Come on Humax, don't blame channels 4 & 5 for the delay, bang some heads together!

| Tue 4 Jun 2013 11:45:00 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Of coarse the unit is as described, it says 'Expected', not 'They Will Be'.
    Under definitions of Expected: "to suppose or surmise; guess."

| Tue 4 Jun 2013 13:22:50 #2 |
  3. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

I think "guess" is about right. We were expecting this feature by the end of 2012, but there is no news on progress (or lack of) from anyone at Humax - they don't seem to care whether the service gets delivered or not.

| Tue 4 Jun 2013 15:37:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Al Catraz - 12 minutes ago  » 
    I think "guess" is about right. We were expecting this feature by the end of 2012, but there is no news on progress (or lack of) from anyone at Humax - they don't seem to care whether the service gets delivered or not.

You need to talk to Freesat not Humax. Last info was hopefully CH4 OD should be here this month. They indicated teething problems with HTML5.

| Tue 4 Jun 2013 15:51:51 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Al Catraz - 7 hours ago  » 
    I don't suppose there's any news on a delivery date for either of the 2 services promised by the end of 2012? It's now June 2013, so you're now almost 6 months late with delivery.

This is a user forum, not an official feedback channel so we're not late.
    Graham has indicated where you need to contact for an update.

| Tue 4 Jun 2013 19:13:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 23 hours ago  » 

You need to talk to Freesat not Humax. Last info was hopefully CH4 OD should be here this month. They indicated teething problems with HTML5.

I guess their bet did not pay off in full then...
    http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/why-freesat-is-betting-the-house-on-html5/

| Wed 5 Jun 2013 15:01:38 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 23 hours ago  » 

I guess their bet did not pay off in full then...
    http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/why-freesat-is-betting-the-house-on-html5/

May not have payed off in full just yet, but they still made the right descision by going with HTML5.
    Its no surprise really that there's a delay with Demand 5 as Channel 5 can't even get AR to work on Freeview or Freesat and advise using padding.

| Wed 5 Jun 2013 16:49:04 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

May not have payed off in full just yet, but they still made the right descision by going with HTML5.
    Its no surprise really that there's a delay with Demand 5 as Channel 5 can't even get AR to work on Freeview or Freesat and advise using padding.

Seen some posts indicating that AR now works on Ch5 but not it's derivatives. As they can't get the series recording codes right so you can guarantee to record only from CH5 it's not too helpful

| Wed 5 Jun 2013 17:05:22 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 minutes ago  » 

Seen some posts indicating that AR now works on Ch5 but not it's derivatives. As they can't get the series recording codes right so you can guarantee to record only from CH5 it's not too helpful

I record Once Apon A Time on a Sunday on Ch5 and I always get the end credits or even the end of the previous film and have had to resort to use end padding just for that recording as the previous film overrun slightly.
    Ive seen posts claiming they use it too, but I get the impression that for them as long as they get the full program recorded then AR is working.
    I've yet to see any evidence that they are using it as the one recording I do make and tests I've done would suggest they don't.

Edit:
    Just set up a recording for Neighbours at 17:30 on Ch5 which started recording bang on 17:30 which the program had already started while the EPG time said 17:29 so missed the begining.

| Wed 5 Jun 2013 17:20:23 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just set up a recording for Neighbours at 17:30 on Ch5 which started recording bang on 17:30 which the program had already started while the EPG time said 17:29 so missed the begining.

Seems pretty conclusive they don't

Try setting a series recording for either Neighbours or Home and Away for the lunchtime showing on CH5. Unless they have changed the codeing recently it will only record once and thereafter pick up the 5* early showing of the next episode where it may well clash with other recordings. How you can get over this with the Youview box heaven knows.

| Wed 5 Jun 2013 18:17:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.