My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Error messages & failures

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulBear

I bought the HDR FoxT2 to replace PVR 9200T for Olympics, I also have a FoxSat HDR. I had my aerial replaced and a booster put in about a year ago and everything was working fine but the T2 is giving me some niggles. I have looked through the 18 pages of topics but cannot see these mentioned.

1 - About every 3 weeks it displays a message box saying the External aerial is short circuited. I checked all connections, removed the booster, etc. I have found that I have to switch off at the rear of T2 and then back on and it clears it until the next time.

2 - Several times just recently whilst watching a recording the blank screen with the 'channel is scrambled or not available' message appears. Again, I wait until any recording has finished and switch off/on at back of T2 to clear.

3 - On quite a lot of recordings, when I click them on the 'Media' screen, a message appears that says this recording has failed due to priority clash [or similar] do you still want to watch it. When I click Yes it plays as normal and the message never appears again just the normal menu. I presume that this is caused by a clash the next recording makes it finish early probably by seconds.

4 - On the 9200 when you went from EPG to Schedule then back, it remained where you were [date/time] on the EPG before you left. On the T2 it goes back to the currently watched prog so you have to jump forward to the channel/date/time that you were on before you checked the schedule.

5 - I have said elsewhere how, when switching on the TV, the T2 displays a blank screen with sound until I click to a different source and then back.

It seems there a quite a few 'niggles' with the T2 compared with the old 9200 series. Some I presume are supposed to be improvements but some [why change the cancel button from red to blue?] are not to me anyway. I just keep getting the feeling that there is something intrinsically 'wrong' about the T2.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get it all off my chest

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 16:23:36 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.