My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

moabutah

Have a Humax Freesat 4k 500GB recordable unit purchased in May 2022 so not very old.

Switched it on yesterday and watched one of our recorded programs and all was good. That finished, so deleted the episode and went to watch the next. It played for 15-minutes before freezing and switching the unit off.
    Put it back on and now it reports we have no recordings. Try and record a new programme and it states 'Hard drive is offline'

Rebooting the player has made no difference, neither has a reset to factory settings.
    Under settings it states the hard drive is active and has a capacity of 500GB with 265GB used ... the temperature has been 21c, 31c, 25c depending on when I've looked.
    So it appears to be reading the hard drive but not actually allowing it's use.

Any advice I could follow?

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 18:07:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It might help if you would confirm which model of box you have. Humax have never made a Freesat 4k box, but Arris/Commscope do.

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 21:43:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

moabutah

Thanks for the reply Luke; I always thought it was a Humax, but reading the instruction manual and it mentions ARRIS/CommScope.
    So my mistake.

It's an ARRIS/CommScope Freesat 4K TV Box.

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 22:34:58 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.