My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

ethernet set up

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aljaxon

hi can anyone help me manually configure my ethernet settings on the humax foxsat hd box?
    i could connect to iplayer but now cant. ive checked with another cable that connects ok to another device but my router does not report the humax as attached and the box says not connected.
    green light on at rear near connection.
    i try manual settings but dont know what to enter. i am confused because i have two of each of the subnet mask and dns serv ers listed in my router settings.
    also i think the ip address of the router is XXX ends in 01
    but it says - (near a dchp enabled box ticked) start 02 and end 254.

i can get all the numbers i just dont know which ones to enter.
    ive tried loads of different combinations and nothing works.
    in the humax menuy when i select dchp they all turn to zeros.
    any help?
    do i use the subnet mask for my adsl port or the lan port?

ive tried factory reset switch off leave off for a minute etc
    and turned router off and on 3 times.
    nothing. i once got itv player is not available this time try later but then it went back to not connected.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 0:19:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Aljaxon,

It would appear that the Humax isn't connected to the router. If it was, DHCP should work and automatically give the Humax an IP address provided you have the Humax set to DHCP mode.

If you set the IP address manually on the Humax it still won't work unless it is connected to the router.

Your router is using x.x.x.1 itself and is set to allocate x.x.x.2 to x.x.x.254 (using DHCP) to any computer on the network. This is the router's DHCP 'pool'.

If you want to temporarily, manually set the Humax, use x.x.x.254. The mask will be 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway and DNS settings should both be x.x.x.1 so the Humax uses the router for these.

[Obviously, replace x.x.x. with your own numbers.]

If this works, let us know because you'll have to set the router to exclude some addresses from the DHCP pool.

The fact that you've tried a different (working) cable suggests the port on the Humax might not be working.

Dino

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 18:18:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

aljaxon

thanks for reply, i tried your settings then switched router off and on and still no joy.
    i think the port might not be working.
    i am ok with a soldering iron so may look to see if its easy to replace the socket
    cheers!!

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 19:03:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Good luck.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 19:35:46 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.