My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

ethernet/USB connections

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sb

Helloow

We have had a Foxsat HDR for some time and have experienced most of the problems already discussed in this forum but can put up with them.

Responding to BBC's saturation advertising fpr i-player, we would like to connect to this. Our (older) Humax box is equipped with an ethernet and an USB port, but the manual simply describes these as "for future use". Has that future use now come about and will we be able to connect to the web by ethernet cable or wifi to give us access to "On Demand" programmes?

A rapid response would be welcome before we go to the expense of running an ethernet cable down three floors from our router or buying a homeplug set. If you use homeplugs, do you find them reliable?

Best wishes to all for 2013!

sb

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 17:40:31 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

sb - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Helloow
    We have had a Foxsat HDR for some time and have experienced most of the problems already discussed in this forum but can put up with them.
    Responding to BBC's saturation advertising fpr i-player, we would like to connect to this. Our (older) Humax box is equipped with an ethernet and an USB port, but the manual simply describes these as "for future use". Has that future use now come about and will we be able to connect to the web by ethernet cable or wifi to give us access to "On Demand" programmes?
    A rapid response would be welcome before we go to the expense of running an ethernet cable down three floors from our router or buying a homeplug set. If you use homeplugs, do you find them reliable?
    Best wishes to all for 2013!
    sb

The future arrived quite some time ago. Run your cable.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 17:57:14 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Homeplugs work for me.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 18:13:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.